pattern name

Can anyone tell me what the name of this pattern is?

I am just practicing and I am pretty sure the first 8 rows are double moss, but failed to write down the top pattern name. Thanks!

Lost Inquiry!

Hi there!!

To me, it looks like the first 8 rows are k4, p4 rib!!!

Knitcindy

Yes, it is. I looked it up and they called it double moss. I was trying to find the name of the stitches above. I wrote down the pattern from the internet and forgot the name. I did a little knitting many tears ago, so I am rather new to the craft. Thanks for your reply.

It’s a nice pattern and beautiful colors.

Knitcindy

Pretty! I’d like to know too!

Beth, this is just practice as I am pretty well a newbie in knitting. The first 4 rows I did the double moss stitch and then decided to venture out. I found the pattern somewhere online. If you are interested in the pattern info, just let me know.

Thanks! I really like the stitch, so, yes, please let me know when you find the pattern.

Beth

Beth, here are the instructions:

Row 1 - P4, K1, P1, K4

Row 2 - P3, K2, P2, K3

Row 3 - P2, K2, P1, K1, P2, K2

Row 4 - P1, K2, P2, K2, P2, K1

Row 5 - K2, P3, K3, P2

Row 6 - K1, P4, K4, P1

Repeat rows until you have desired length. I suppose, depending on what you are knitting, a border would be good. I still don’t know the pattern name.

Hi again!!!

That “double moss” thing is bothering me. Can u tell me the exact instructions they gave you for those first 8 rows? Also, I need to know how many sts you casted on!

Thanks
Knitcindy

Thank you!

Beth

That was knit4, pearl 4 and looking up the description this is a rib stitch not moss. You can do this 2 and 2 or whatever. Look it up on the internet and it will explain it for you more precisely than I can. Mine was 52 stitches, but wasn’t making anything in particular.

Yes it is and it’s a rib stitch not a moss!