Pattern makes no Sense Help!

I am new to forum and am struggling with a christening blanket pattern. Can be found here Little Cherubs christening set free on Redheart website.

Pattern starts as solid granny square of 14 rows & 14th row finishes with slip stitch in middle of row 14. There are 55 dc corner to corner on each side. Pattern says:
Rounds 3–14: Ch 3, [dc in each dc to next corner ch-2
space, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch-2 space] 4 times, dc in each
dc to end of round; join with slip st in top of beginning ch,turn—55 dc across each side at end of Round 14. - All well & good!

These are instructions for start of lace row 15 & can I make head nor tail of them! Must have my idiot head on! aaaagh

Round 15: Ch 1, skip ch-3 of join, sc in next dc, ch 3, skip
next 2 dc, 3 dc in next dc
*, skip next 2 dc; repeat from * to
next corner ch-2 space, ending last repeat at **,(sc, [ ch 3,
sc] twice) in corner ch-2 space, ch 3, 3 dc in next dc, skip
next 2 dc; repeat from * around, ending last repeat at **;
join with slip st in first sc, turn—48 ch-3 spaces.

The way I read it is ch 1 (which is in the middle of the row), don’t sc into the same stitch, sc into next stitch, ch 3, skip 2, 3 dc into next stitch (makes a shell), skip 2 stitches, sc in next stitch, ch 3, skip 2, 3dc shell and work your way to the first corner.

Looking at instructions for the corner(s) it is made up of the 54th and 55th dc of row 14, 2 ch and then 2 dc starting along the second side. (therefore 2dc,ch2,2dc). What I dont understand is bit in the middle of row 15 instructions [COLOR=“Blue”](sc, [ ch 3,
sc] twice) in corner ch-2 space,[/COLOR] Does that go in chain 2 space and then how do you start along second side?

Anyone replying please break down this into stitch by stitch language as I have at least 10 goes at these 2 rows and cannot make any form of pattern that looks likely!
Help so much appreciated

I’m sorry, I don’t crochet. There are a few here who do, but you’ll have to be patient for answers.

Hi I tried to put the pattern link in but it would not let me post it asked me to take out the url. I will try again
http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/little-cherub-set.

LadyBT28 - Does your pattern ask you to work with two strands of yarn held together? I have been trying to find the pattern on line so that I can possibly help. LW3046.pdf is the code that comes up with it. If this is the same pattern, let me know and I will do my best to translate it so that you can understand it.
Sincerely;
Vicki Henderson

This post is many months old and the user has probably found the answer by now. Thank you very much for your kind offer of help. Yes, you have the correct pattern. The link in a post above goes to that same one.

Thank-you for your reply.