Pattern help!

Hello

Beginner here and I have a question about a pattern I am working on. Apologies if this is a very simple or silly question.

I am making the head of a small woollen mouse toy. The pattern so far says:

Note this piece is knitted in reverse st st
Using yarn A cast on 17 sts
Work 2 rows in st st
Inc 1 st at each end of next and every following alt row until there are 27 sts.
Work 4 rows without shaping.
NEXT ROW: K1, (k2tog) twice, k to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1 (24 sts)

And this where I get stuck. The next row says:

NEXT ROW: P
Rep last 2 rows once more (21sts)

So do I do this - NEXT ROW: K1, (k2tog) twice, k to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1 (24 sts) - twice but purling?

Then it says:

Decrease 1 st at each end of next and every following alt row until there are 13 sts.
Cast (bind) off etc etc.

So then I continue to purl? It seems a bit odd as I am changing the stitch and I will get an odd ribbing effect when from the picture of the final product, it looks smooth.

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks

Rebecca

Welcome to the forum!
Repeat these 2 rows once:

Continue working the same stitch pattern, knit one row, purl one row. You’ll get to 13sts after completing a knit row. Purl the next row and bind off.

Can you tell us the pattern name or give us a pattern link?

Oh I see! That makes sense. Thanks very much that’s a great help.

It is this pattern, http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/knitting/toy/easy-to-knit-mousie-teddy/205205

Hello

I have come back to this project this evening and realised I have another problem! Sorry to be a pain, but the pattern says…

Note this piece is knitted in reverse st st
Using yarn A cast on 17 sts
Work 2 rows in st st
Inc 1 st at each end of next and every following alt row until there are 27 sts.
Work 4 rows without shaping.

So I have got up to here.

The next one says:

But I should be doing a purl row? If I do a knit here I will have a ridge, which I don’t think is what the pattern requires (I am on the head).

Then it says:

Rep last 2 rows once more (21sts)
Decrease 1 st at each end of next and every following alt row until there are 13 sts.
Cast (bind) off etc etc.

So I would basically be doing the opposite of the stitch I should be doing all the way to the end?

Hope you can help this novice!

Thanks

Rebecca

You should be doing a knit row.
Either work another purl row so that you can work this dec row as a knit row or take out a row and do this dec row as a knit row.
The next row is then a purl row (NEXT ROW: P) and you repeat these 2 rows once more.
Continue by decreasing 1 st at each end of next and every following alt row (that’s every knit row) until there are 13 sts. The rows between the knit rows are purl rows.

thanks very much, i am getting there, slowly but surely!

Thanks again