Pattern Help

Hi everyone,
'm new to this forum but I have been knitting for 45 years and my brain just went blank.
I found a sweater pattern the I would love to make for my granddaughter but the problem is when I ordered the pattern I was going by the picture of the sweater only to find out when I got it that it is done in Emu Yarn (have no idea). I did some research and found out that this yarn is comparable to light worsted weight yarn (category #3).
My question is this - does anyone know how to change this pattern so it can be made in 4 ply knitting worsted? If not does anyone know where I can find a sweater pattern with diagonal stripes for a teenage girl - size 10?
Thanks - Any suggestions would be helpful!

What is the gauge listed for the sweater?

If you do a gauge swatch and a little math, you may be able to use the same pattern, but maybe go down a size.

The gauge is 22 sts and 30 rows to (10 cm) 4 ins.

You could make her one in a smaller size with the worsted yarn. Figure out how many sts/inch your yarn gets with the needles you want to use, and how many inches around it needs to be. Multiply sts/inch times inches and see if there’s a size that has that many stitches in the chest area (front and back combined). The closest size would be the directions you follow, adding extra length to fit your GD.

sue