Pattern help

New to the site and to knitting after many years of not knitting and I’m looking for some help. I’ve tried doing this Back direction 4 times and have twisted the split funnel collar each time and I’m begging’ for any help if possible…
Direction is :CO 40 sts. For 4” work the last st tog with a loop from the side of back collar. Continue picking up one st on one side of the back collar at the end of every row, until you reach the shoulder. Continue with back. Work 26 st from right shoulder (on holder). Turn and work across shoulder and neck. Work 26 st from left shoulder (on holder). Continue working for 11”.
Any help would be so very appreciated by this confused new knitter who is close to tears on this :slight_smile:

Welcome to KH!
These kind of directions can be frustrating. I sometimes wish the designer would have pity and give us a diagram.
What is the name of your pattern?

Hi- thanks so much for responding- I have a diagram but it’s not helping me. The pattern is Zena by Skif and apparently it’s discontinued.

It looks like an open down the front collar. The directions seem as though you are knitting the 40sts and at the end of every other row, the last stitch is knit together with a stitch picked up from the back of the neck and then from the held sts on the shoulder. That knits the collar and attaches it at the same time.
However, looking at the projects, I can’t see a sideways collar. Could you post a photo of just the collar diagram?

Not sure if I uploaded this correctly :woozy_face: the stitches on the holders aren’t worked until after knitting the back loops for 4”. I tried another way thinking I could ‘see’ the other side by hand but that of course didn’t worm either.

My spell check is terrible…but I do think I see something I’ve been missing…do knit the loops on one side for 3” then move to the other for 4” for a total on the first side of 7” and 4” on the other ?

Where does that fit with these directions?
Direction is :CO 40 sts. For 4” work the last st tog with a loop from the side of back collar. Continue picking up one st on one side of the back collar at the end of every row, until you reach the shoulder. Continue with back. Work 26 st from right shoulder (on holder). Turn and work across shoulder and neck. Work 26 st from left shoulder (on holder). Continue working for 11”.

I can think of other ways to work this in 2 sections.

I finally got it so it wouldn’t twist on me - I did have to anchor one side for three rows so it’s slightly ‘off’ but it is a Skif so I think it won’t be out of line to their style…this is my first sweater in oh at least 40 years so I’ll forgive myself any errors :slight_smile:
The directions I’d sent are up at the shoulder area- it’s knit bottom up on the front and top down in the back …I probably should have started my first project with a scarf or baby hat :joy:

1 Like

Oh, good for you. I look forward to seeing a photo!