Pattern help

I have not been doing this long so please help me with this pattern.

Rows 1-2: *k1, p1; repeat from * to end.
Row 3: *12-st LC, (k1, p1) 6 times; rep from * to end
Rows 4-8: *k1, p1; repeat from * to end.
Row 9: *(k1, p1) 6 times, 12-st RC; rep from * to end
Rows 10-12: *(k1, p1); repeat from * to end of row.
Repeat rows 1-12 for 25 repeats.

I do not quite understand rows 3 and 9. This is the explanation for these rows with the pattern:
12-st LC: slip 6 stitches from left needle to a cable needle and hold in FRONT, (k1, p1) 3 times, work sts from cn as follows; (k1, p1) 3 times.
12-st RC: slip 6 stitches from left needle to a cable needle and hold in BACK, (k1, p1) 3 times, work sts from cn as follows; (k1, p1) 3 times

What happens to the stitches on the cable needle, when do I knit them or donˇt? Please explain like for a beginner because english is not my first language either. Thank you!

Welcome to KH!
The abbreviation cn stands for cable needle.
12-st LC: slip 6 stitches from left needle to a cable needle and hold in FRONT, (k1, p1) 3 times, work sts from cn (cable needle) as follows; (k1, p1) 3 times.
12-st RC: slip 6 stitches from left needle to a cable needle and hold in BACK, (k1, p1) 3 times, work sts from cn (cable needle) as follows; (k1, p1) 3 times

Here’s a video for an 8 stitch cable crossing to the left (LC). It’s all knit whereas yours is a 12 stitch cable which is k1p1 but the basic idea is the same.

1 Like

Thank you! I understand most of it now but what does “12-st” mean in the rows 3 and 9? Row 3 - do I put the very first stitches on the cable needle?

12-st means that the cable is going to use 12 stitches total, 6sts crossing over 6sts.
Yes, row 3 begins with a cable to put the first 6sts onto the cable needle and hold them to the front. That’ll make the LC or left cross.

Got it, thank you so much for helping out!