Pattern help

Hi guys!

I have a pattern that I just can’t seem to get my head around, I have tried a couple of things and it just isn’t working for me!

The pattern in itself is very simple - (74 stitches) K3 P1 repeat to last stitch K1

After 17" the pattern is as follows:

Next row: cast off 2 sts. Pattern to end of row
Next row: cast off 2 sts. Pattern to end of row
Next row K2tog. Pattern to last 2 sts. K2tog. Work 3 rows even in pattern
Next row: as above…

So my problem is, when I cast off the 2 sts either end and K2tog, the pattern changes and I have no idea how to keep the pattern!!! :cry:

Please help!

What pattern are you using? Can you give us a link to it or a pattern name?
If the pattern repeat is (K3P1) I don’t see how that works across the row, even with the last stitch as k1.

This is the pattern I downloaded

Ah, thank you. That makes sense because of the increase to 81 sts.
The best thing that you can learn to do is to read your knitting. After the bind offs and decreases, you want the pattern stitch to continue in columns of knits and purls. Look at the previous rows and figure out what stitch you should begin with on the current row in order to maintain that pattern.
It may be easiest to look at the next knit column on the left needle and count back to the first stitch on the needle to figure this out. Name the stitches, the knits and purls as you go.

I think I know what you mean, I’ll try and read my knitting and see how I go. I’m not very skilled yet!

Thank you! :slight_smile: