Pattern Help- Twisty sister Cabled Hand Warmers

Hi! I just tried to start this pattern, http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/twisty-sister-cabled-handwarmers, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to set up the stitches for the magic loop method, I inserted a screenshot of that part, I am so confused and I have tried a couple of things but still have yet to figure it out.

Thanks in Advance,
Sonya

Welcome!
Have you pulled out the loop or cable part of the needle between the 22-stitch cable pattern and the 18(22,26) sts? Is this where you’re having the problem?
The pattern then starts with some k1p1 ribbing for 2 rounds before starting the chart.

Yes, I am using the magic loop method, I was just confused because the pattern says that the “seam”, where end of round is, is at the center of the palm. So should I just have 18 sts on the bottom needle and 22 on top? Because when I started the pattern it wasn’t lining up with the 18 sts for the palm and 22 for the cable pattern, that is what confused me. I may just do another pattern because I can’t seem to wrap my head around this one.

Thank you,
Sonya

The pattern says that the end of round marker is where you join to work in the round. It’s the split between the two needles in the diagram. I’d use a locking stitch marker on the first stitch or thread a piece of contrasting yarn through the first stitch.
The marker in the palm is a second marker. I’m not sure what that’s for but following the pattern should make that clear.

Okay, so I am just going to go for it and see how it come out. :slight_smile: Maybe I am just over thinking it. Wish me luck!

Should be fine once you get going. I re-read the pattern to see about the markers but you were right that the marker mid needle is the end of round marker. There is no marker between the needles. I was confused too by the directions for joining to work in the round.
Yes, I’d say start working the stitches and following the chart. It should all make sense and since it’s worked in the round, you won’t have any decision to make until you get to the thumb. By then, the palm and the chart cables will be clear to you.
Enjoy!

I got it, you have to split the palm, 8 sts in the beginning PM, 22 sts PM and then 10 sts, no marker is needed in the middle. I don’t know but the instructions just confused me. I had to put on my thinking hat for this one, and its opposite for the right hand. Of course this is for a small, hopefully this will help someone else.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to us. Good for you for figuring it out. We’d love to see a photo when you finish.

1 Like