Pattern Help Please?

I am trying to figure out the front of this pattern. My confusion is where it says to Pat to last 5 sts., but it does not say what row. Here is the pattern section that confuses me:

In the first and second row it has:
Row1: (RS) K39. Work 1st row of Panel Pat. K39
Row2: P39. Work 2nd row of Panel Pat. P39
The above part I understand but then it has:
Work 2 rows even in pat.

(Am I to work the rows the way I just worked them or should I use the 3rd and 4th row of the 20 row panel pat?)

Then for the next row it has:
(RS). K3. Sl1. K1. Psso. Pat to last 5 sts. K2 tog. K3
Work 3 rows even in pat.

(Which rows am I to work? Should I still follow Row 1 and 2 above or should I work one of the other rows in the panel pat?)

Then I am to repeat the last 4 rows 8 times more before cont even in pat.

Since it no longer gives what row of the 20 rows I should be working does anybody know what should be done?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
Keep going with the pattern panel. Where you work 2 rows even after rows 1 and 2, work rows 3 and 4 of the pattern panel. The next row is then row 5 and the 3 rows even are rows 6-8.
For the repeat of the last 4 rows, work the dec row and the rows without decreases as you continue on with the next rows of the panel.
Can you give us the name of the pattern or a link to it?

Thank you so much. Since I do cables a lot I thought I would give this pattern a try but all of the other patterns I have done are written out in details not quite like this one. I think it should be cute when I finish it.

Here is the link to where I got the pattern.

http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/rope-twist-halter-1.html

I am trying to I figure out this v-neck pattern #F14 fundamental top-down cardigan. Step one work sequence one 33 times no # of stitches. Then every row 10 times sequence three AT THE SAME TIME beg count with WS row after set up row, work inc at RS neck edge sequence two every 6 rows 4 times and then every 4 rows 13 times. 68 sets on LF & RF. I end up with to many stitches here. I think I can do this if I can find my way through them-neck shaping part. Helpstrong text