Pattern help- Jenny

Hi, I am Janette, I have been knitting for a while. But, never a sweater. My daughter bought me a pattern and yarn for my Birthday 2 years ago. I have frogged it 3 times because I don’t understand the pattern. It’s Jenny by Annette Danielson. It’s very confusing. I have finished rows 1-8. Writing out each row and chart. The instructions say " same as" and “continue as set”. I understand this but it’s not clear. For example row 3 is an increase row. But in the instructions it states increase every 4th row. Is that every 4th row from row 3? Then row 11 ,if I continue as set, row 11 would be the same as row 5 which is " knit sts as they face you. However, there is a row 11 in the chart. Which one would I knit? That’s just the beginning but I get to them later.

Help please

Yes, increase on every 4th row starting from row 3. That means increasing on rows 3,7 and 11 only. Row 3 shows you where to place the increases but don’t continue the increases on pattern row 3 when you repeat the 6 pattern rows.

Continue to work the chart rows 1-32 and then repeat the chart. When a row 5 in the instructions comes up, work the sts that aren’t in the chart as they appear and work the next chart row as placed.

Enjoy working your first sweater! These instructions get easier the more different patterns you knit.

1 Like

Thank you so much! You have been so helpful!
Wish me luck😊

Janette

1 Like

Now on row 13, which would be row 1, it states, knit 1, work chart. However, row 1 is knit 10, work chart. Will this cause me to be off by 9?

Work the k1 and then an additional chart panel. You don’t need the beginning rows 1-6.

The pattern photo shows that there are initially 2 cable panels on on either side of the shoulder seam at the sleeve. On row 12, 25sts are added to start the body of the sweater.
Once you get to row 13 you’ll be adding another 2 cable panels, one on either side of the original panels. These will be placed after a k1 edge stitch on each edge.
From now on you’ll be following the directions for row 13, 14 and those that follow. Keep working the chart rows you’ve already started and now the 2 additional charts on either side.

Wow! You are awesome! Thank you so much. I just wasn’t getting that. I will keep you posted.:+1: