Pattern Help- Hourglass sweater

I’m stuck. I’ve been knitting the Hourglass Sweater from last Minute Knitted Gift. The sweater is knitted in the round from the bottom up. This is where I’m stuck:

[color=indigo]Divide for yoke: K5, place the last 10 sts just worked on a stitch holder, knit to 5 sts beyond next marker, place the last 10 sts just worked on a stitch holder, knit to end of front.[/color]

Here’s my question. After knitting 5 sts as the pattern says, do I put the next 10 sts on the stitch holder (stitches from the left needle) or do I put 10 sts from the right needle onto the marking (including the 5 just worked)?

Please help! I was making so muck progress :??

Alicia -

Based on the instructions, you want to put 10 sts from the right needle onto the stitch holder (including the 5 just worked).

Here’s a hint - if you were to place the next 10 stitches on a stitch holder, you’d need to join new yarn - the pattern doesn’t mention this. Sometimes when I’ve been stuck, I’ve tried it both ways and found it works one way but not the other. Trial and error isn’t the always the best method of figuring out things, but may help when you’re in a pinch.

Michele

thank you :muah: