Pattern help, AGAIN, sorry ;)

I’m doing a V-neck cardigan for a Christmas present for my mum but I’m stuck on how it’s read.
For the left front:
Armhole and Neck edge; (60sts prior to line)
Cast off 6 sts on the right as for back, and at the same time for neck edge, decrease on left hand side, 2 sts in from edge as follows: (I understand this but not :point_down:t2:)
L: 1 st twice every 4 rows, * 1 st once every 2 rows,1 st once every 4 rows*, decrease 9 times from to

Then for the sleeves (60sts prior to line) it says:
1 st 19 times every 6 rows.
Then, continue on 98 sts obtained.

As a bisabled newbie and with no other knitters around, PLEASE HELP, lol.

Many thanks in advance,
Zoe xxxx

Row 1 Cast off 6sts at the armhole edge and work across the row to the last 4sts, dec as given in the pattern. Then dec at the neck edge on row 5, 7, 11. and repeat this pattern 9times. So rows 15, 19, 21, 25 etc.
Don’t hesitate to ask. We’re happy to have questions.

But by my calculations shouldn’t it be rows:
15, 17, 19, 23, 25, 29
As I have to repeat between the *s?

Also does that mean for the sleeves it will be 1 st rows:
1, 7, 13, 19, 25, 31 till I’ve done 19 increases total?

Why couldn’t it be in English instead of old English?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

You’re right that I was repeating the whole direction and not just the instructions between the asterisks. Thanks for picking up on my mistake.
So the repeat should be every 2 and then 4 rows. That would make it dec on rows 1,5,7,11 and then the every 2 and 4 rows which would be 13, 17, 19, 23, 25, 29, 31, 35 etc.
Yes, the repeat for the sleeves that you’ve written is exactly right.

EUREKA!!!

This is fantastic. I can’t wait to continue where I thought I’d be stuck forever.

Sorry I messed up. Can I just confirm?
For the sleeves it says:
When work measures 44 rows total, increase on each side, 2 sts in from edge as follows:
1 st 19 times every 6 rows.
So that means I’m actually increasing 2 sts rows
1, 7, 13, 19, 25, 31
One st each end?

And as my pattern doesn’t say,
Is knitting through front and back the best way to increase a stitch?

Yes, you’re increasing 2sts per increase row. That way the sleeve will increase evenly on each edge from the cuff towards the shoulder.
How you do the increase is really a matter of preference. Kfb will certainly work. The M1 by using a lifted bar between sts is nice. I prefer the KRL, KLL (knit right loop, knit left loop). These are all demonstrated here:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/increases