Pattern doesn't match number of stitches

Okay my time to ask a question. I am working on a pattern called cotton candy dress. I don’t have a link but i am going to give you the row that is a problem for me. It told me to cast on 111 stitches and knit the first row. No problem! Row 2 it says *k1, yo, k3, sl 1, k2tog, psso, k3, yo, rep ftom * ending last rep with k1. It tells me that the patyern is a multiplr of 10 stitches + 1. Okay this what i did k1, yo k3, slipped 1 stitch onto right needle, k2tog, for the psso i slipped the next stitch onto the right needle then i knitted the next stitch from the left needle and passed the slip stitch over it equaling 1 stitch, k3, yo,and began again at the *. When i get to the end of the row i complete the k3, yo i now have 2 stitches left and i am suppose to end with a k1. Where did i go wrong. @salmonmac or @GrumpyGramma can one of you help me. Please or anyone i am desperate and cannot go any further until someone can help.

The pattern is byCeleste Pinheiro

I am going to be pretty embarrassed if i counted the wrong number of stitches when i casted on. I am redoing it right now to see if that is what I did.

psso stands for “pass slipped stitch over”. So in your row when it says “sl 1, k2tog, psso” this is how you do it

Slip the next stitch without doing anything with it, then knit the next 2 sts together, THEN grab that slipped stitch from your right needle with the tip of the left needle and bring it up and over the stitch next to it and DROP IT OFF the left needle!!

So every time you see “psso” it means grab the slipped stitch, lift it up and over the other stitch and OFF both needles!!

Hth,
Knitcindy

1 Like

When you did the psso you used/added more sts than u were supposed to. That’s where the count went wrong

Knitcindy

1 Like

Yes you are right i was thinking it was a separate set of stitches. Thanks i will let you know how it works in a little while.

This it? https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cotton-candy-dress

Yes Jan-in CA that is the pattern and the answer that Knitcindy gave me was the reason that the pattern was not working out! All is well now

1 Like