Pattern confusion

Hi I am having trouble deciphering my pattern for sleeves on a baby cardigan in seed pattern. I have joined here in the hopes that someone can help me out.
My pattern says in the third row Inc in 1st st p1,k3 , rep from to to last st, inc in last st. I was struggling with why it said ( st st ) but think I have worked out it means first stitch.
My next problem is the pattern is in 8 rows and the 7th row is another increase row similar to row 3, I get that but then it says to; cont in patt as set AT SAME TIME inc 1 st at beg and end of every 3rd row, from previous inc, until there are 63 stitches. My question is if I am already increasing in rows 3 and 7 am I supposed to increase twice in row 3 or and once in row 7 in pattern or increase only in row 3 not 7? I am quite confused and would really appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you

Hi and welcome!
Change to increasing every 3rd row now and don’t work the regular increases on rows 3 and 7. If every 3rd row happens to fall on row 3 or 7, fine, work the single increase at the beginning and then again at the end of the row.
Can you tell us the name of the pattern?

Thank you for your advice. The pattern is very old. It is called Soft for Tots by Thorobred which apparently they do not make anymore.

Lemon Layette is the name of the particular pattern

1 Like