Pattern confusion

Pattern translated from German to English. I have to cast off to form neckline. “Cast off 1 x 4 on right side”. I understand this, 1 stitch every 4th Row but what is “on every second row cast off 5 x 2 and 8 x 1”.?.

These directions can be confusing. It would be great to have a pattern name or a link to the pattern.

Cast off 4sts once, then every other row cast off 2sts 5 times then 1 stitch 8 times.
So that would be 4sts cast off on row 1, 2sts cast off on each of rows 3,5,7,9,11 and 1 stitch cast off on each of rows 13,15,17,19,21,23,25,27.

Ravelry pattern…

Strickanleitung 34-13

Modell 13 Poncho

Very good looking poncho! Thanks for the photo.

Thank you so much for the explanation…there is no way I could have figured it out trying to use some sort of translation. It will be a challenge for me but I’m much more confident thanks to you!

I saw this pic over a year ago and it started the hunt for the pattern then translation…hoping to actually finish it for fall :grin:image

1 Like

Thank you…could not have done it without your instructions

Oh wow! That is one superb poncho, even better looking than the original photograph. You’ve knit this beautifully. Thanks very much for the great photo.