Pattern confusion

I am currently on Row 7. Now according to the chart key. I am suppose to slip the white stitch with yarn behind it then knit different color yarn. I’m suppose to do the same for the next row. My question is am I slipping the same stitch over again in the next round ? Am I suppose to carry the white yarn throughout the pattern. Tiny bit confused. Any help would be great! Thank you!

The slipped stitches in rounds 7 and 8 are knit in round 9.
Then it looks like (assuming round 10 is in the next chart) you knit with the white yarn in rounds 10 and 11. That may be the end of the white yarn until round 32 so you would break the white yarn leaving a tail to weave in later and start it up again later.
What pattern is this from? Can you give us a link or a pattern name?

The pattern is called Anelmaiset. On Row 8 am I slipping the same white stitch that I slipped on Row7? I understand I’ll be knitting all white on Row 9. I’m just trying to make sure I’m slipping the same white stitch and am not suppose to create a new stitch. (Hopefully I’m explaining myself better, I think I may be confusing myself more :rofl:)

On row 8 you’re slipping the same stitch that you slipped in row 7. You can see the slip stitch in the photo. Looking at the chart I don’t see an increase.

What a fun, popular pattern!

Thank you for all of your help !

1 Like

Beautiful! These are going to be lovely.