Pattern clarification?

I am trying to make these slipper/socksfor myself and was wondering if someone could clarify 2 things:

1. “Decrease once again buy knitting 2 top stitches together” - does this mean that I only k 2 tog once, or all the way around. What does it mean when it says 2 TOP stitches???

2. “Purl one row until the knitting covers the little toe.” - does this mean that I should only purl row after row, until it fits my foot? Immediately preceding this line is “Purl 1 row Knit one row”, so do you think it means that I’m just to alternate k p??

This whole pattern is confusing me, since it’s knitted in the round and I didn’t realize that you still switched back and forth between k and p each row when knitting in the round. :shock:

When they say two top stitches, I think they mean the stitches that are on the top of the foot, maybe? Not all the way around, for sure, though, or it would get really small, really fast.

The next part should have been put on one line and it would not have been confusing. Knit one row, purl one row until knitting covers little toe.

The only time you knit one row, purl one row in circular knitting is when you want garter stitch, which these slippers are.

Alright. Thanks Ingrid - you’ve come to my rescue yet again!!! :smiley:

That’s my job, ma’am! :rofling: