Pattern Assistance needed!

Hey Everyone, I have attached the part of my pattern that I am a bit lost at. I am confused on how I am suppose to work the chart yet work back and forth at the same time. How am I suppose to work the sleeves back and forth and the body in the round help!!

Thank you all!

Work through Chart Fc - F - Fd a total of 1 (11⁄2, 11⁄2 // 11⁄2, 11⁄2, 2) times
AT THE SAME TIME work the neck opening between sleeve and body sts as follows:
When you have 30 (26, 26 // 30, 32, 34) sts on each sleeve, begin working back and forth instead of working in the round to make the neck opening
Work one non-raglan row as established (= an odd row). Turn work
Next row (raglan shaping row): cast on 1 neck-opening edge stitch, and work sleeve raglan decreases on the wrong side as follows:
(WS) Remove BOR m, cast on 1 new st and slip it to the right needle purlwise with working yarn in front

• work Charts Fd - F – Fc , sm, sl2k, slip 2 sts back on left hand needle, p2tog tbl,* purl to last 2 sts before next raglan m, p2tog; repeat from * to * one time, purl to last 2 sts, p2tog
    Turn work
    Next row (RS): Cast on 1 edge st, slip new stitch to the right needle purlwise with working yarn in front Work as established to the end of row, knit edge stitch
    Turn work
    On all rows, work edge stitch as follows: slip purwise with working yarn in front at the beginning of row; knit at the end of row
    Continue as established until you have worked through Chart Fc - F - Fd a total of 1 (11⁄2, 11⁄2 // 11⁄2, 11⁄2, 2) times You now have 22 (18, 18 // 22, 24, 26) sts on one sleeve and 23 (19, 19 // 23, 25, 27) on the other sleeve
    Neckline
    The neckline is knitted back and forth in garter stitch

Welcome to kH!

Can you give us the pattern name, please?
It looks like you’ll be working all parts back and forth from here on in order to make the neck opening.

“When you have 30 (26, 26 // 30, 32, 34) sts on each sleeve, begin working back and forth instead of working in the round to make the neck opening”

Is this bottom up? Have the sleeves been joined to the body so that you can work a yoke?

Thank you Salmomac! It was knitted from the bottom up. The sleeves have already been joined. The Pattern name is the Peacock Dress by knitting for olive. Everything was knitted in the round until now but I’m still lost. When I turned my work the wrong way the pattern wasn’t forming properly on the what has been the front part of my work nothing was aligning (I hope I’m making sense) . So I’m undoing that row currently and just trying to figure out am I suppose to just knit the sleeves back and forth am I knitting everything back and forth. I am very lost. Thank you for responding though.

Very sweet pattern.

The 5th photo down on the main page shows the back opening with a little button. You’re probably knitting back and forth so that the row begins and ends at this opening.
You’ve likely been following a chart for the pattern, working from right to left on the chart for every round. Since you’re now working back and forth in rows, you would work the chart back and forth as well. So RS rows will read right to left and WS rows, left to right in the chart.
Is that maybe what’s throwing off the pattern?

It is a very sweet pattern. When I am knitting on the wrong side now it makes the right side appear as if it were the wrong side. I am following the pattern and reading the pattern as you mentioned earlier but its making the right side of my work appear as if it were the " wrong" side of work no longer creating the lace pattern. Thank you again for you help!

Your chart may say something like, open square “knit on the RS, purl on the WS” and square with dash, “purl on the RS, knit on the WS”. When you change to working back and forth, you have to switch to the WS designations.

Okay, just to make sure I understand correctly when I turn my work in the wrong side I would be changing the purl stitches to knit stitches basically. Thank you for your responses this is my first charted pattern. All smooth sailings until now. Thank you again!

Yes, that’s right. Turn the purl sts to knit and knit to purls. It’s not a simple pattern to work but it’s certainly worth it.

Salmonmac! You have saved me! I am so happy I found this forum. I can’t thank you enough!

Enjoy finishing up and post a photo when you finish!

Exquisite! Perfectly done.

1 Like

Oh! I love that.

1 Like