Overstitch for clogs

I’m making my first pair of felted clogs, and I’m not sure how to seam the soles - the pattern calls for doing an overstitch, but I’m not sure what that means. I looked at Amy’s videos, and she has a note in the “finishing” section to avoid overstitching… any advice? Not only do I not know how to do it, I don’t know if I should! :slight_smile:

(I posted this in the KAL thread but realized it might be more appropriate here, so sorry for the double question.)

I wasn’t quite sure what an “overstitch” was when I made mine, so I just sort of used a stitch that went back and forth from one side to the other of the seam, taking care not to make it too loose or too tight. Once I felted, the seam was invisible anyway. It worked. I don’t think you can go wrong, as long as your stitching isn’t too bulky, too tight, or too loose.

Anyone else know exactly what an overstitch is?

I think an overstitch is probably sewing them together so that the seam edges meet and you knit around them.

I did an edge-to-edge seam. http://www.knitting.co.nz/site/page_affix/toaffix_learntoknit13/

Thank you both! I will seam them up tonight and can’t wait to see how they turn out…