Oversized, Roving V Neck Sweater

So, I’ll admit I’ve never knitted anything more complicated than a scarf or hat, but I saw this sweater and fell in love.

etsy . com /listing/233245045/mezzo-punto-v-neck-sweater-oversize?ref=shop_home_active_12

However I don’t have $500 to spare, but I can afford some roving to make my own.

It looks simple enough. So once I get ahold of all the materials, how would you recommend creating this sweater? I’ve looked at basic v-neck sweater patterns, but none are as simple as this sweater (no ribbing or fancy detailing at neck) Would you just recommend to count stitches and make a go for it following a basic sweater instruction?

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/233245045/mezzo-punto-v-neck-sweater-oversize
You might start with the yarn and a swatch. The swatch will give you an idea of the correct needle to use for a knit fabric that you like. It’ll also give you an idea of the number of stitches per inch and the number of sts to cast on for your size.
The sweater looks like it might be knit in one piece, from the bottom up and over the shoulders, down the back to a cast off edge.