Other Hobbies

I love knitting. I also do lots of crochet, and a little cross stitch. What does everyone else like to do?

Well, before starting college classes last summer, I used to read constantly. Now I just cannot bring myself to pick up anything, unless it’s a sock pattern book. :wink:

I’ve done the cross-stitching thing on and off for years. Last summer I finished a ginormous project that took me three years (off and on) to finish. Never again (although it does look good hanging over the fireplace).

That’s about it. My children keep me busy running around all of the time.

I apparently collect yarn as well as knit with it. :teehee:

Before I started to knit, I first learned to crochet when I was in my teenage years. I wish I hadn’t stopped, because I’ve forgotten the basics of crocheting. I want to re-learn crochet again. I have tried to crochet granny squares, but it didn’t come out that great. I guess it just takes practice, like everything else. :teehee: I guess my main hobby is knitting… xxx

I dance Argentine tango.

I’ve been in the middle of a large crocheted afghan for a while…I pick it up every now and then and do a few rows, then go back to my knitting. I also do small cross-stitch patterns sometimes.

Aside from crafty things…reading. Reading everything I can get my hands on. Linked to the reading, I also write on and off.

I knit, sew, work with silk flowers, and I’m hoping to start making jewelry and sculpting with polymer clay. :slight_smile:

I also sing, but now that the beauty pageant and talent show days are long gone, the singing usually takes place in the shower and the car. :teehee:

I sew. And reupholster things. And remodel things. And sing and play the piano. And keep my laptop on all day so I can giggle at KHers!

Sweet! Will you teach my husband? I’ll send him right over. :teehee:

Sweet! Will you teach my husband? I’ll send him right over. :teehee:[/quote]

Just fly him down to Buenos Aires for a “tango camp” or something. They’ll love him there, I hear there are thousands of American women and far fewer english-speaking men.

Just fly him down to Buenos Aires for a “tango camp” or something. They’ll love him there, I hear there are thousands of American women and far fewer english-speaking men.[/quote]

Ooops… I mean only that they will be eager for dancing partners, of course!

Just fly him down to Buenos Aires for a “tango camp” or something. They’ll love him there, I hear there are thousands of American women and far fewer english-speaking men.[/quote]

Ooops… I mean only that they will be eager for dancing partners, of course![/quote]

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Next time I’m not in the mood, I know what to do!! :oops: :roflhard: :roflhard:

What a good thread! :teehee:
I like knitting, but I also like lots and LOTS of other craft making, etc.
I also crochet, I make jewelry, I play the piano, and I love anything to do with art! :rofl:

Well, but because of this I still don’t know what I’m gonna do in the future… I have waaaaay too many hobbies :oops: :teehee:

I do a lot of beading and chainmaille work. I also crochet quite a bit, I do a little embroidery and am learning to sew.

For non-crafty hobbies, I like to garden, cook, and work on cars – my husband and I are working on fixing up his Bradley GT II, then we’re going to work on a '49 Olds four-door fastback. Whee!

I knit and barrel race.

Besides knitting my hobbies include a lot of computer related (read geeky) stuff involving Linux, as well as many outdoor activities like camping and hiking (not so much since I busted my pelvis/hip), recumbent bicycling, reading, writing, and beer drinking.

I only started to knit a couple of years ago. It has totally ruined my figure. :teehee:

Gardening is my main passion, and I do all the yardwork and landscaping on our 1.5 acres, but it’s only half of the year. I get a membership at our local gym during the winter and work out in order to avoid becoming a couch cushion. I used to downhill ski during the winter as well, but after a knee injury in January 2006 I haven’t been back on the slopes.

I painted my entire house last summer, does that count? I can crochet a little and make soap with stuff from the garden.

Knitting and barrel racing, now THAT’s a combination. :happydance: It’s been close to 20 years since we sold all our horses, but I used to barrel race too. I never had any trouble keeping in shape with the horses around. :heart:

[color=green]Thank goodness[/color], I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one around here who loved dirty hands. I raise roses, veggies and herbs. I started knitting `cause I was getting fidgety in the winter. I sew some but for me it’s sort of boring. I read lots and my DH has taught me to enjoy watching football with him during the fall.

I love Hardanger embroidery, crocheting, and beading.

For non-crafty hobbies, I love reading novels, running, snow skiing, roller-blading and visiting historical sites here in Europe.

I would like to improve my skill in roller-blade, but there isn’t good place to skate in my neighborhood. (I live in a small village) :shrug:
I’m afraid of falling on asphalt. :oo:

Niki xxx

My bf and I have spoken about taking lessons for this ^^
I just need the Air Force to let him stay in the US long enough for us to do that.

As for my hobbies, yarn-wise I crochet.
Non-yarn hobbies include cooking, reading, writing, drawing and some that I haven’t done for a while, like acting and mask-making.