Hubby was diagnosed on Friday with strep throat, an ear infection and a sinus infection.
3 1/2 year old daughter has been acting cranky since Saturday, and is now running a fever. Last night, at 2 am, it was 102 degrees (which is unusual for her…usually her fevers are pretty low grade). She also has complained a couple of times about an itchy ear, and now she says she can’t tilt her head to one side because there’s a “thing in her body that won’t let her”.
I called the dr to make an appointment, and he is out today. None of the other dr’s in the physician group have any openings for today. The receptionist suggested giving her tylenol to bring the fever down and making an appointment for tomorrow, or taking her to urgent care.
I am thinking we are going to urgent care this afternoon. It’s not the fever that worries me…fevers are just a sign that the body is fighting off infection. What concerns me is the already diagnosed case of strep throat in the house and the complaints about her ears (she has had an ear infection before). I don’t want to wait to seek treatment until she is in pain.
So, would you take her into urgent care, knowing you will have to sit for an hour or more to see a doctor you don’t really know…or would you wait until tomorrow to see her dr?