OT: So Much For Being In A Good Mood

:hug: :heart: :hug:

:hug: :hug: Mason!

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend.

Oh Mason, I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. I know there are no words to make you feel better, but I wish you peace.

:hug: :pout: :hug:

:pout: :hug:

Oh Mason, I am so sorry about your friend! As one who bikes on the roads, I know how dangerous it can be and have had a few close calls. A friend of mine lost his fiance that way - she was biking a few yards in front of him and it was a drunk driver hit-and-run. So he saw it happen. At least they got the guy. Drunk at 10am! For those of you considering Napa Valley biking vacations, be careful! No time of day is safe for biking there!

Thanks everyone.

Those of us who are road riders know full well the dangers involved. Drivers simply not paying attention are the biggest danger out there. My friend was a very experienced rider and didn’t take stupid risks. This is all just so senseless and the worst part is that the person who hit him will likely just get a slap on the wrist, probably just a fine. That’s the part that ticks me off the most.

Mason, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart is with you. And, from the look of it, so is everyone else on the boards. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Suzuki Madura Specifications

Mason, I just saw this thread and I’m so sorry to hear this!
:hug: :hug:

It is a dangerous world out there, we could be run over by a bus stepping out of the house… However, there are these nonsensical things that just rap you to the core. I am so sorry for your loss!

Here in Seattle a year ago they had a ghost-bike campaign where they took old beat up bicyles painted them white and put them in all those places where a bicyclist had been struck by a car. There were frighteningly many! Not sure what impact it had on drivers, but it made me more careful biking to work etc.

I’m sending you good thoughts. :heart:

Ruth, I’ve heard of those and perhaps we need to do something like in the area where I live. We seem to have a lot of cyclists hit every year. I’ve been hit once by a drunk by I was lucky and escaped with only minor injuries.

Thanks to everyone. I think what hurts the most is that I’m stuck up here in WI and wasn’t able to attend the funeral.

I just saw it too.

The pain of losing a good friend is enormous and heals slowly, especially when the death is due to the recklessness of someone else, which adds to the shock and the senselessness of it. I’m so sorry for your loss.