OT - Recipe help

It’s almost dinnertime, and I’m in a bind! I wanted to make chicken paprikash for dinner, and the recipe calls for mixing sour cream in for a sauce. I don’t have any sour cream, but I do have full-fat yogurt on hand. Do you think this should taste pretty similar?

You should be fine with it.

I agree, they’re interchangeable in many recipes.

it won’t be exactly the same but it should be close enough to not make a huge difference.

Especially if you don’t tell anybody you made the sub! :teehee:

lol at least not until after they tell you how amazing it is!

Then you look like a cooking genius… looking for the bad part here. :shrug:

I’ve dipped nachos in plain full-fat yogourt before because I didn’t have any sour cream on hand. It worked quite well and I couldn’t even tell the difference. I think you’ll be fine. :shrug:

But I can’t :!!!: cook… so what do I know? :teehee:

I cook a lot (and I mean a lot!) and I use plain yogurt about %80 of the time in place of sour cream. Unless you NEED that sour cream taste, I don’t bother using it.

Note to self: Find out where mum3caden lives and if you can’t cy ook like her, just pretend you’re part of the famil :whistle:

Note to self: Find out where mum3caden lives and if you can’t cy ook like her, just pretend you’re part of the famil :whistle:[/quote]

LOL, I would even invite you over… It is just me and my 2 year old (DH is very picky and doesn’t eat a lot of stuff) We have no other family around so I never have anyone to cook for. I still do it though… I just make small batches of stuff, so I can make new stuff all the time, :happydance:

I love holidays when I can make big meals and visit people and help them cook…

alot of people substitute yoghurt for sour cream, especially if you are watching your weight, as it’s a lower fat way to cook.