OT: my other obsession

I’m obsessed with nails, too! I have a few O.P.I. and Essie nail polishes, but my collection is mostly China Glaze. Some colors are hit and miss, but for the most part, their stuff is pretty cool.

Do you use the nail pens? I have a gold one. Your nails are cool.

Warning: sugar-free candy can be high in sugar alcohols. In many people, ingesting sugar alcohols causes WICKED bad intestinal cramping and diarrhea.

When I was in Weight Watchers I would regularly experiment with alternative type of products like: fat-free cream cheese (horrible, like eating vaseline) and sugar free jelly beans. I ate like a palm’s worth of jellybeans and was struck with severe bowel pains etc. I wished I was dead. Be careful!

AMEN! There are many things I will do without, but my cream cheese needs it’s fat! :slight_smile:

Oui…after all, it IS cream cheese!

Quite frankly I live by the adage, no fat - no taste.

I am not totally apposed to low fat things, but they are generally things that probably didn’t have much fat in them to begin with.

I have actually started cooking my own staple things, just to avoid the preservatives. So I no longer by Mayo, taco sauce, taco seasoning, cookies or other backed goods. I make them at home, where I control what goes into them. It is so much butter for you…opps, I mean better!

Warning: sugar-free candy can be high in sugar alcohols. In many people, ingesting sugar alcohols causes WICKED bad intestinal cramping and diarrhea.

When I was in Weight Watchers I would regularly experiment with alternative type of products like: fat-free cream cheese (horrible, like eating vaseline) and sugar free jelly beans. I ate like a palm’s worth of jellybeans and was struck with severe bowel pains etc. I wished I was dead. Be careful!

I already have Ulcerative Colitis and do not need anymore pains. I think I will pass.

I do have some nail pens, but I did this particular manicure using the water marbling method. Rather time involved, but I really like it :slight_smile:

do have some nail pens, but I did this particular manicure using the water marbling method. Rather time involved, but I really like it

Well, that sounds interesting. Will you explain the technique?

You pretty much place drops of nail polish (you want to make concentric circles) into a little container with water then gently swirl the nail polish around with a toothpick until you get the desired marbled effect. You dunk your nail in and that’s about it. Check out this YouTube video for a cool tutorial!

Pretty!

Thought I’d suppoort the business and let you know that AVON nailpolish is really nice and inexpensive. AND I dont know if its true or not but I heard that its OPI with the Avon label on it. If interested look for a sales rep near you! (sounds like I’m an infomercial doesn’t it? LOL):teehee:

Love those nails, dimpledapple! I too love nail polish, but find that the remover stuff weakens the nails almost immediately, and takes all the shine off the natural nail.

So I don’t wear the polishes too often…but I do love to dress up my fingers when I’m selling my handmade soaps at a craft show.

^ There’s gentle nail polish remover etc out there, eh?

fabric. I think my fabric stash is bigger than my yarn stash (to keep it in perspective: my fabric fits in one of those medium size 21 gallon or so rubbermaid bins while my yarn stash, including my needles and wip’s take up 3 drawers of one of those sterlite carts that you can pick up for about 16 bucks at walmart… i know, i need to get to a LYS soon!)

I don’t really buy fabric for any reason other than i like it… then i try to figure out a quilt for various fabrics and then buy MORE fabric to coordinate for the printed fabric… then i lose patience with all the measuring and cutting and pick up my knitting needles instead :slight_smile:

Walmart sells them here.

ahem your Canadian is showing…eh…smiles

Thanks! I hear you on the remover. I almost always use non-acetone nail polish remover, and although it takes a bit more work to remove all the polish, it’s definitely more gentle on your nails. Afterward, I wash my hands thoroughly to remove any remover residue and then apply my cuticle cream and whatnot. I have very brittle nails but have found that these extra steps really help!

Hoser. :roflhard:

We’re not all hosers eh!:shrug: