OT: I quit today! (Updates added on first post)

SMOKING that is! I quit smoking today!!!

I’ve been mulling over quitting for MONTHS. But I knew that I wouldn’t until I was ready. Well, today, I went to Walgreens to pick up some smokes, and came home with Nicorette gum instead. I guess I made up my mind.

Please, I need all the encouragement I can get. DH still smokes, but he said this will definitely encourage him to quit too. crosses fingers

telling myself
go on… hit submit… submitting the post and telling everyone is committing to quitting.
[color=red]
It’s day 19. Still quit.
Join me in The No Smoking Zone for updates and encouragement.
[/color]

Wow Sil!! You’ve made a huge step in making the decision. Congratulations!
…Make sure you’ve got a good knitting project on the needles to keep down the figits!

Go Silver Go!!!

Good luck, Silver!!! Maybe knitting will keep your hands busy!

[size=7]YOU HAVE A WILL OF STEEL!
YOU CAN DOOOO EEEEEEEEEEET!!!
[/size]

[size=2]need a muscle flexing emoticon[/size]

Silver!!! I am so PROUD of you!! I know what a hard decision it is to quit. I have a gf who did the same thing and decided one day it was her time to quit, and she has never smoked since. I KNOW of all people YOU can do this!!!

Thank you!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I know I can do it. Both times I found out I was pregnant, I quit THE same day, cold turkey. And didn’t start again until they were at least a year old. This time, I have the gum to fall back on. I have complete faith in myself that I can quit.

I just hope I never start again. :doh:

Good luck, Silver!

When i quit - many, many moons ago - i did it on a whim too. I was thinking that i needed to stop, looked at my last two and thought, “well, when i finish these i’ll just not buy another pack”. There was no ceremony, just the resolution to simply stop.

Reward your decision and focus your attention by starting a really fun project just for YOU. It’ll help, i’m sure!

fingers crossed
-hh

You can do it!! nd you have needles to keep your hands busy… :thumbsup:

That is great news, Silver!! You can do it!!! The faith in yourself is the most important thing. Have something to fall back on- in those really, really bad - I need one right now or I’ll go crazy times- something that you can do to try to push through it. I quit cold turkey the day I met my husband. I had a few times that I thought I’d go back, but I didn’t.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
[size=6][color=darkblue]Yay, Sil!!![/color][/size]

You can do it, chica! You’re stronger than those little cancer-sticks, and, more importantly, you are worth it!!! Quitting is the best thing you can do for yourself and your family. Good luck, momma!

~Sharon

Think of all the money you’ll save that you can spend on knitting :thumbsup:

Your children need you to be there for ALL their special occasions. Your future grandchildren and great grandchildren want to hold your hand and get knitted gifts from you. This is the greatest gift you can give to your family. :heart:

I know this because I lost my father almost 17 years ago to tobacco related illness. I was 20 years old.

Be strong. Get help if you need it. We’re here for you. <<hugs>>

GOOD FOR YOU!!! That’s great news, Sil!!! You can do it, my DH still smokes and I have been smoke free for 14 years…if I can do it, you can do it too!!!

CONGRATS!!! Just have a ton of knitting projects ready and waiting for you to keep your hands busy. I am sure you will succeed though!!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

ETA: You might find it easier and quicker NOT to even bother using the gum too. I did.

Excellent, Silver, in the decision to quit. It’s pretty much one of the toughest decisions to make. first couple of weeks is usually the toughest, but if you make it, then it won’t be too much trouble after that.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

That is SO AWESOME!!!

The first week sucks! But then it gets better. I quit in january, cold turkey, and every one in a while the FIENDING hits me… then i smell some stinky smoke and I’m like Noooooooooooooooooo thank you!

Congratulations!!!

I admire you so much! I need to find the will you have found. I hate everything about it but can’t seem to find it in me to quit.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Allright Sil! You Can do it. Knitting the gum and determination are all you need :smiley:

You will feel so much better. You go girl.

~~~~~~~~~ :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: ~~~~~~~~

Thank you everyone! It’s day two and I feel fine! :thumbsup:

You feel FINE??? That’s AWESOME!!! :cheering: