OT: How are the new year resolutions holding up?

Its been at least a good two weeks and most resolutions have been forgotten.

Any of you out there still holding on?

I’m still sticking to the Pyramid eating plan, though I don’t know that’s helping me lose weight. :??

My other resolutions are longer term goals, so we’ll see how they go.

Has it been two weeks already?

Let’s see… I think my resolution was something about exercising more, so how’s this for progress? Last night I skipped to the freezer, and scooped out two big bowls of ice cream all by myself. It may not sound impressive, but the ice cream was really hard, and I schlepped both (very heavy) bowls back to the bedroom so DH and I could eat in bed while we watched TV. You can imagine how sore I was after such a workout – I could hardly feed myself, my arms were trembling so from exhaustion! :wink: :teehee:

Plus you had to wash those dishes later. :teehee:

Mine are going fairly well, except for the grocery shopping thing. My son commented the other day that I never go to Publix anymore. Bad mom, bad mom. :fingerwag:

Surely you jest! I’m taking it easy today. Those dishes can wait until tomorrow’s workout!

What’s Publix?

Publix is one of our local grocery stores.

As far as dishes…my kids desperately need exercise…every day except Sunday. :wink:

Well, obviously my resolution to spend less time on knitting forums and not post from work isn’t holding up too well… :lol:

Well, I guess I sort of figured out that part… I don’t quite understand what how that relates to resolutions, though. Are you avoiding it because they have lots of tempting treats or something? (If they do, I definitely need to know about it!)

Typing improves your dexterity, and the breaks no doubt improve your overall work performance. :wink:

Silly me. I just assumed that you had read and memorized my response in the resolution thread. :teehee:

One of my resolutions is/was to make sure that we always have enough groceries (to keep the kids happy, which takes way more than what satisfies me). I hate to grocery shop. That requires planning meals and actually thinking about organizing dinner. :::SIGH:::

Actually I have been keeping mine for the most part. I had resolved to p*ss off at least one person every day and so far I think I’ve managed it. :rofl:

:roflhard:

If you haven’t managed to do this every day, I’ve done it for you.

Spoken like a true mom of a teenage girl (no offense madametj).

:roflhard:

You’re smart to make resolutions you can keep! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

ha, no need to apologize to me :wink:

I’m eating a little bit healthier, and I do mean a reeeeaaaaal little bit healthier (cutting out most processed carbs/eating more protein), and I’ve gotten on the treadmill a few times, and managed to lose 7 pounds. but I’m not exercising as much as I said I would. I forget what my other resolutions were, so I must not be doing them.

:woohoo: Congratulations – that’s amazing!

:woohoo: Congratulations – that’s amazing![/quote]

thanks jane! :heart: it’s a small start, but I really need to lose 45 lbs this year - doctor’s orders.
I sense a plateau coming soon tho.
AND, the comfort food thread makes me wanna seriously eat comforting food! :!!!: :rofl:

I got an exercise bike and and exercise ball for Christmas. So far I’ve been on that stupid bike 20 minutes a day everyday but this past weekend when I didn’t feel all that great. The exercise ball I’ve used once but that’s because I just got my husband to hook up the dvd player so I could see the exercise routine. I’ll get on it tonight.

:woohoo: Congratulations – that’s amazing![/quote]

thanks jane! :heart: it’s a small start, but I really need to lose 45 lbs this year - doctor’s orders.
I sense a plateau coming soon tho.
AND, the comfort food thread makes me wanna seriously eat comforting food! :!!!: :rofl:[/quote]

Hehe, sorry about that. I was sickly and looking for suggestions.

I’ve been committed to knitting from my stash… so that’s very good! I haven’t bought anything new since Dec 29th! (It was 20% off Koigu… I HAD to!)

But the whole becoming more active/exercising thing? Not so much… vacuuming is about as active as I get!