OT: Home Brewing--anyone?

[color=blue]Good morning all. I know this is a stretch lol. :teehee: But we have discovered a new hobby, brewing beer. The newest batch (#4)will be blackberry wheat. We are having a hard time finding out how much blackberry puree to put into a 5 gallon batch… anyone a brewer out there that might help us out? Thanks for taking the time to read this post! :hug:

anne [/color]

Hmmm…

Knitting and brewing beer…interesting combination.

Sounds like something Mason would do. :teehee:

I used to do home brew back when I was in college. A good friend and I always brewed up a big batch so that it would be ready on New Year’s Eve.

[color=blue]lol initially this started out as DH’s hobby… so I would have more time for my hobbies :shrug: but somehow it ended up as “our” hobby :teehee:

I have found out though - that you do not want to drink too many of your own brews and pick up the needles. Strange stitches happen! :doh:

anne [/color]

my parents used to make their own wine - I think it’s was a popular 70’s hobby - but most of it was rocket fuel so they gave up after a while

Friends don’t let friends knit drunk.

My Dh brews. He never used puree but he has added 3-4 quarts unpasteurized juice to a 5-gallon batch before. HTH

My DH brews too, because I insisted that the man get a hobby that doesn’t involve getting covered in motor oil. He has a batch going right now, as a matter of fact. He uses kits though, so he doesn’t have to think too much about the ingredients, which he buys from williamsbrewing.com.

[color=blue]
Kristin,
We will check out that site tonight, thanks! The first batch we brewed was a kit. After that we wanted to experiment. This will be the 4th batch - so far so good lol…

Thanks again! anne [/color]

I found this when I was crusing the internet, thought it was fitting

:?? hmmm on a knitting bag, T-shirt… would it work on a bumper sticker? :shrug:
Speaking of bumper stickers… saw one last week “Hookers do it on a rug” poor woman must have thought I was aiming to put my Subaru in the trunk as I got close to read it :roflhard:

anne[/color]

:roflhard:

I absolutely love that pic! I do end up with some very interesting stitches when I’ve had a few too many…My mom is a weaver and she always has to go back the next day and check the loom to make sure she didnt’ screw up too bad! :roflhard:

We got a home brewing kit for Christmas…I know it said something about adding fruit in the instructions. Let’s see…

found it!

It says to use 1 15oz can of fruit in light syrup. It also says “never use pie filling, unpasteurized fruit, or fruit with imitation ingredients.” It recommends using “Oregon Fruit Company” canned fruit, but I bet you could use anything.

Blackberry wheat beer? :drool:

I was home one day after getting a root canal, and I had taken some pain medication. Well I was knitting away, happy as a clam, then I fell asleep. When I awoke with a needle poking my ribs, I had been asleep for several hours. And I looked at what I had been knitting. I don’t know what I thought I was doing, but that was some crazy knitting!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

How true!!!

Ship me a case and don’t forget to use that We drink & We knit photo as the bottle label.

A guy I work with brews his own beer and he said that he would only like a hint of the blackberry and would add about a cup to a 5 gallon mix. and that he would add it at the secondary. whatever that means. :shrug: :teehee:

[color=blue]Thanks Sandra! :hug: It is like learning a new language lol. secondary, hydrometers, hops, so many gadgets and gizmos. 1 cup per 5 gals hmmm…

anne [/color]