Open ended kniiting

I am attempting a pattern for botties with open ended needles. I am not sure what the abbreviation (md) means. Anyone know?:roflhard:

Those are called DPN. Do you have a link to the pattern? I haven’t heard of md before… :think:

Sometime rnd looks like md in some fonts. That’s r n d, for round.

that has to be it, thanks so much, Sue