OOOHHH I just applied for a knitting related job!

I had to post this here as I know you all would understand how cool this is! I wandered into my local Micheal’s store today looking for a skein of wool, and they had signs in the yarn area saying they were looking for a knitting instructor. I inquired about it at the service desk, and its a very part time position, like 1-2 times a week, and no specific time set for it, they can work around my schedule. So I applied right then and there! Now to try and convince myself I can actually teach other people to knit. I have no idea what they expect yet, but from what I’ve seen there before, their classes seem to be mostly for beginners. So I will just wait for a call from them whenever. Wish me luck!

That sounds soooo cool!! I hope you get the job!

Good luck!! That’s a really neat opportunity and you never know where it might lead. Yarn discounts too, probably! :happydance:

good luck!!! I’ve thought about doing something similar as well, but I lack the confidence in my skills… oh, and I live in SE michigan too!

How wonderful. :cheering: I hope you get it. Will you get a discount too?? That would be really great for your pocketbook and your yarn stash.

:woot: :cheering: That is so cool!!! Be confident, you can do it!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Nadja xxx

I’m an instructor at Michaels and love it! (Wilton cake decorating…not knitting.) Anyway, our knitting instructor works 2 stores in the area. She usually does beginner class every other week then a more advanced class the other week- cables, fair isle, etc. In the beginner class it’s just knit and purl. You make 90% profit from your fee. So, if you charge $10 and have 5 students, you make $45.

Perks- 25% discount at the store, free classes- you can take any class they offer (that’s where I learned to knit), you’re a store employee so they do take out taxes, and most of all, new knitting friends!

that sounds really great.

:cheering: :cheering: How cool is that?! Good luck :cheering:

Wowsers!!! That is so awesome!!! Big huge [size=6]GOOD LUCK[/size] to YOU!!! :cheering:

Great!
Micheals is where I took my kniting class (twice!) and yep, I was definitely a beginner. The first time there was only 2 other people there besides me. the second time it was me and one other student. she had some experience and she was asking about YO, SSK, while I was trying (despearatly) to CO!
Good Luck and it’s great you are willing to teach… because someone like you DID do it someone like ME now can do it too!!
:muah: :muah: :muah:

Wow, that would be so fun! Hope you get it :slight_smile:

:cheering: :cheering:

Good Luck!

That sounds great! GOOD LUCK!!!

That is soooo great!!! :smiley: Hope you get the job!! I’ll be praying for ya!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Yay!!!

:heart: kimmie

:cheering: that would be wonderful!! fingers crossed for ya

Thanks everyone! I keep waiting for the phone to ring, even though its been way less than 24 hrs LOL! I’ll let y’all know when I hear anything.

I’m in SE Michigan, too. You’ll have to let us know which Michaels you’ll be at. (I know you’ll get the job!!)

Yah Mary!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: This will be great!!! You can set your own hours, and be doing something that you love!!! I hope everything works out for you–good luck!!! :balloons: