Oooh, continental IS cool!

Hi everyone. Okay, I’m the first to admit, I didn’t give continental knitting a REAL fair chance. It was more like a half-hearted, already-decided-that-I-like-using-English-better-but-I’ll-do-it-for-Fair-Isle chance. Well I’m making my second pair of socks and I thought that, to make it a more interesting learning experience, I’ll try to knit them entirely with continental.

Well… it’s great! Honestly. I mean, purling is pretty slow and awkward, but one of my biggest knitting gripes (my purls are waaaay looser than my knits) is pretty much solved. When I do continental, the purls are the same tension as the knits. And that’s a very very good thing. Will I do continental all the time now? I have no clue - maybe we’ll find out after I’ve finished this pair of socks.

But I do know it’s way better than I thought :smiley:

Way to go! :cheering:

I’m right there with you. I participated in the Continental KAL and completed a dishcloth. I then decided to make a booga bag using the Continental method. On the 4th, I started knitting a pair of anklets, again using only Continental. The ribbing actually went very well, and I’ve [I]finally [/I]figured out how to hold my yarn so it doesn’t come off of my index finger.

I’m mostly proud of the fact that I haven’t given up this time. I tried about six months ago and nearly pulled out my hair.

It [I]is [/I]great, isn’t it? :wink:

Congratulations on finding the bliss we call Continental!! :smiley: