One Skein Sockettes

Sandy, bless your heart! Thank you so much for making me feel better as I have some projects OTNs about that old.

That red is just beautiful, such a beautiful, deep, saturated red.

:hug:
Yeah, it’s nice to have sons that appreciate my knitting. They didn’t want it when they were younger, but now that they are older, they appreciate it.

My other son came to visit me on his birthday, and chose several things from the “Son of Stitch & Bitch” book.

Thanks Cheley! I’ve tried that before, but it’s really hard to see the two stitches with this thin yarn. I guess I need new glasses.

I LOVE that color too! :inlove:

Good idea to knit both at the same time. I may be able to do that without getting mixed up. Maybe. Thanks for the tip about the two different colors of needles. Those are going to be beauts.

They are going to be great! You are better than I … when I have something OTN for that long, I usually end up frogging and starting over at a later date. That is such a beautiful color! And they should be finished soon!!

Fun to watch the progression, they look great.

these look great too! (I just looked at your blue socks). Of course, LOVE red!

Thanks for the link to the sweaterscapes socks! (was that from your other post? can’t remember! lol) It looks like a keeper :thumbsup: I love a nice, basic sock!

You know, I just realized these socks are two years in progress :teehee: Now I don’t feel so bad about the pair I started last summer (or was it spring??) and are still in my little sock bag, unfinished! maybe because I need to frog and restart them !

Anyway, hooray, the end end is in sight!

I am a [U]VERY[/U] slow knitter.
I never like having a deadline on my crafting, because I know I will never make it. So, I just slowly plod along, knitting when I want to, and working on what I really want to work on. :thumbsup:

I’m trying to finish up several projects this year, including 5 Oddball Blankets, 2 Oddball Lapghans, and a few Oddball Shawls. My other projects usually get pushed aside for my charity knitting. But, this year, I’m trying to get on top of ALL of them. :pray:

wowwwwwwwww’s thats gr888888 to know about how to use reinforcing thread, 1st time i heard of it …its a gud idea …thnks dear

Glad I could help! :slight_smile:

Yay!!! I finally finished the socks!!
I hope my son will like them. :slight_smile:

They look great! I envy your son – red is my absolute favorite color!

Love these socks!! :heart: (and, if your son doesn’t want them, you can send them to me.)

He’s a busy college student, and works full time too. (I don’t know how he does it.) Anyway…he says he’s looking forward to getting them. We’re planning on getting together soon, so I can make a Chef Boyardee Pizzafor him, for old time’s sake. When my boys were little, I was a poor single mom, so we had that $3 pizza a LOT! :teehee:

Those socks are beautiful. I’m thinking about trying to knit a pair for my son. I know the instructions say one skein, but do you have an idea about how much the socks weigh? I’m guessing that the skein would need to be a large one.

Together, they weigh 1.7 ounces, so one 2 ounce skein would be enough! They each measure about 9 1/2 inches long, from heel to toe.

Love the socks and thanks for the info about reinforcing thread!

I’m glad to help, Bambi! :hug: