One Skein Projects

So I’m doing one of the projects from the One Skein book (by Radford). There’s a spiral bag, that’s SUPER cute. At the end of the pattern, “the tabs” After you bind off 1/2 of the sts. it says, “working on the group of sts where the yarn is attached, turn, and p5.” there are 40 (8 groups of 5)sts. remaining on my needles.

Am I just purling the rest of my stitches from this point out?

Thanks for the help!

What is after the “working on the group of sts where the yarn is attached, turn, and p5.”? Or…was that it?

Then it says…"If desired, place rem sts on holders. Cont on group of sts where yarn us attached as foll: (RS) K2, yo, k2tog, k1. Work 5 rows in St st, ending with a WS row.

sigh…confusion.

[INDENT]"Then it says…“If desired, place rem sts on holders. Cont on group of sts where yarn us attached as foll: (RS) K2, yo, k2tog, k1. Work 5 rows in St st, ending with a WS row.”[/INDENT]

My guess would be that after that row there are further instructions for the remainder of the st - perhaps knitting them in their groups of 5 with the same instructions as above, one group at a time. You are not working them concurrently since they’ve told you you can put them on a st holder for now. Do these tabs then have some type of cording run through as a handle once you’re done?

I guess what I don’t get its the turning part. I’ve been knitting in the round. So do I purl on the opposite side now?

Apparently those groups of sts are going to be worked separately - since they are no longer attached to each other as a complete row, it would be like working on straight needles, back and forth, rather than just going around and around on circs. So, yes, you will work your WS in purl and your RS in knit, except the one RS row where you are creating that openwork pattern (that’s the “(RS) K2, yo, k2tog, k1. Work 5 rows in St st, ending with a WS row” part).