One More Question, Please

I finally worked on my sweater last night, and I have it all figured out. I asked the lady at my yarn store this question, and she really did not help me with it. We must have gone on to something else, and I forgot…Alright, you make the lace pattern for 8 1/2 inches…Then you do a row where you make a buttonhole, following with a purl row, I have completed those 2 rows…then it says…

Repeat neck shaping(decrease 2 sts) (no buttonhole but maintain rib) every 4 rows 11(12,13,14,15,15), (I am 12), times qnd continue working in established pattern until body measures 91/4 (9 1/2, 10,10,10 1/2, 10 1/2) from cast on edge ending with a WS row.

I am already measuring 9 1/2 inches, and I have just done the buttonhole row, and am ready to start my second decrease row. Am I supposed to work these dercrease rows for 9 1/2 inches on top of the 8 1/2 inches I have already done?? This pattern is not explained very well, but that is the only thing I can figure???

Thank You again…Lori

You’re supposed to only work until it’s 9½" period. Then you do something - what happens next?

NOTE: Maintain lace pattern throughout by keeping YO’s & decreases in balance-work a YO only if you can also work its matching decrease and vice versa.

Then it says, Place work on flat surface. Record the Chart Row Numberof the last RS \row worked. You will use this info later to match the lace pattern between sleeves and body sections.

Then it tells you something if you are going to make the short sleeve version, and I am not, I am making the 3/4 sleeve.

All Versions-Next Row(RS): *Work in pattern to 5(5, 6, 6, 7, 7) sts before marker, BO next 10 (10, 12, 12, 14, 14) sts, dropping marker, repeat from * once, work to end of row.

Set body aside and work sleeves.

Thank You Suzeeq!!!
Lori

Can anyone please help me???
Thank You!!!
Lori

I thought your question was answered…what are you still having trouble with?

I guess if the BO row is what you do after you get to 9½" then that’s what you do. The st number may not be the same if you didn’t decrease as much. You can either start the decs a couple rows earlier, or do a dec row, then the next WS row, then do the BOs.

Thanks!!
Lori