ON - Good Ole Cabled Scarf

Here’s my scarf I’m making in Patons Classic Wool Merino in Dark Grey Mix. I had a 50% off coupon at Joanns. LOL Does working a scarf like this get faster? I hope so or it’ll take forever! The yellow is a lifeline made out of embroidery thread. Thank god for lifelines! :shock: :roflhard:

Jan, that looks great! Was it what we thought, that you have to do a few full pattern repeats to see and understand how that cable behaves?
As far as it going any faster…er… Just enjoy the process! :devil:

EXACTLY! Thanks for that help!

As far as it going any faster…er… Just enjoy the process! :devil:

Oh boy… at least it’s fun to watch it all come together. :wink: :roflhard:

As you get farther along, you’ll get so used to the seed stitch that you won’t even think about it after a while. It’s looking great so far, though!

looks great! that is going to be one WARM and comfy scarfy!!! :slight_smile:

It looks great, Jan! :cheering:

And you’ll find that as you go, you’ll establish a rhythm and won’t have to “think,” which will make the knitting speed up–hooray for that! :smiley:

Jan,
I am knitting the same scarf with the same yarn…color and all. It does get a bit faster, but it still takes me more time than “normal” stitch patterns. It looks great :smiley:

Jan, I WON’T tell you that I’ve had this project on the needles for months :smiley: But once you get used to the pattern, it’ll start going a little faster.

Thanks all! I’ve got another couple inches on this scarf. Now that my Knit Picks yarn order is here though…[size=1]it might get put on the back burner[/size]. Not finishing one thing before starting another is gonna be hard though. :shock: :roflhard:

ooh how pretty!

I find it waaaay too easy to start a new thing without finishing something else! :roflhard:

I looooooooooooooove that pattern! I just finished it and a kinda matching hat (I was just messing around with a braid and kinda made it up…) for a friend. I hope she likes it!

It does get way easier! It only took me a few days to finish the scarf and I love it!

sfavereau,
That is gorgeous! I love the hat :heart:

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

I only picked up knitting a couple months ago after being really bad at it as a child! I’m brand new to this forum too… :smiley:

DAYS??! :shock: No way I can do this in days unless I knit 24/7! That is just gorgeous! Looks totally error free, too! I found an error about 1 inch from the bottom, but I’m not going to frog it. We’ll just call it either a learning experience or character. :roflhard:

That is beautiful! I just may have to do one of those myself!

DAYS??! No way I can do this in days unless I knit 24/7!

:wink: ahhh… but you see, I quit my job and now, all I do is cook, walk the dog, and KNIT! :roflhard:

Seriously, I was so addicted to that scarf that I knitted every single free moment I had, which is why it was done in a few days.

Oh wow…I want THAT life! :inlove: