On a totally unrelated note

…anyone catch the partial solar eclipse today? washington wasn’t supposed to have a great view, because of the rain, but here in yakima the clouds did part long enough to see it at its height, around 3 p.m. i was out running errands, and looked all silly in the library’s parking lot, with my cellphone-as-camera aimed at the sky, trying to not look directly at anything. :slight_smile:

I’m glad you got to see it. It was too cloudy here to notice anything about the sun. :sad: I’m not sure the sun broke through the clouds at all.

On the east coast we had just the beginning of the eclipse as the sun was setting. Did you get a photo?

Yeah, the sun was setting just as it happened so we couldn’t see it on the east coast.

We tried, but didn’t see anything on out little pinhole paper or the colander.

a colander? what a good idea!

a few pix… keep in mind, cell phone, parking lot, and had to shrink them down to fit the KH specs… :wink:

great pictures ! I’m on the east coast too so sun was behind the mountains in these parts.

Seems like there was once several months ago that occurred in the morning and that one we were able to see with a pin hole “camera”

Apr 15, 2014 - Total Lunar - Visible West in Europe, South/East Asia, Much of Australia, Much of Africa, Much of North America, Much of South America, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean, Antarctica… map & pix at http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2014-april-15

I love your pictures.

Thank you for sharing them; they are beautiful.

We had a blood moon recently but unfortunately I didn’t catch it.

They’re wonderful pictures, X. Thanks very much for posting.