OMG! The needles make all the difference! (what do you use?

It really depends on the yarn. I used bamboo with LionBrand homespun, and hated it, once I switched to metal was much happier (I tend to knit a bit…TAUTLY)…but with a really slippery yarn like Divine, I was happier with a bamboo. Go figure!!!

Just remember, if you buy needles and you hate em, there is always a re-sale market for them. YOu are not married to them!

That’s exactly right, that’s why I’ve kept all of my different needles, bc chances are, even tho I prefer the teflon coated, I still have all of the others in case I run across a yarn that I don’t like using those on! And, I have a needle habit, too…along with the yarn, the books, the everything knitting…lol!
And, girl, I am a tight knitter, too!! I always have to recalculate patterns, etc bc I don’t like the look of my sts after changing the needle sizes!

Oh my, Ingrid, we have 3 LYS and none of them have a decent needle selection! I have to order mine! Can you believe that?! You would think that you could find what you are looking for from 3 and Michaels & Joanns…but, I do so love the internet & getting packages in the mail, so I don’t mind ordering them :wink:

I honestly don’t dislike any type of needle. I think I like bamboo the best, and metal the least, but I do like them all.

:heart: Addi Turbos :heart:

I will only buy Addi circulars now. I have a set of Boye Interchangeables but I don’t like how they feel or how they come unscrewed. :doh:

Are Addi Turbos only circular, or do they also come as straight needles?

I wasn’t for sure but I guess they do come in straight http://www.skacelknitting.com/full_list.html

Do you not like circular? :thinking:

I mostly use metal. At first that was just for a lack of options. But now that I’ve gotten some more experience using them, I love it. I love how fast you can go, and how much you can play with the tightness of your stitches. I once bought Addi Turbos to start a shawl for a friend, but promised DH I’d return them once I got some cheaper plastic needles. And boy, do I regret that! I loved the Addis, and HATE knitting with plastics! They’re too light so you can’t really get a good momentum, and the yarn doesn’t come off as easily as with metals. That said, I definitely got what I paid for with the plastics!

As for circs, I’ve only ever had my Boye interchangeables. They were okay to work with at first, but once I realized my two pet peeves about them (1. the ridges going from the cord to the needle are too abrupt, so work doesn’t slide the way it should; 2. no matter how much I tighten the connection, the needles always start coming loose, making my yarn catch in the groove), I’m determined to get better circs.

Hey Kelly…
I thought that you liked those PLASTIC ones…! :shock:

:mad: mumblegrumblemumbleresingrumblemumblegrumble :mad:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Smarty pants. :expressionless:

1to1:

Do you not like circular?

I have just never tried them. Can you use them for flat knitting? (i.e., just like straight needles) Do some people use only circular for everything? Educate me!

I used circs for flat knitting. It was a shawl. I actually liked that better because you don’t have to keep up with 2 needles. (When you have kids, that can be a major feat!) It’s really easy and basically the same…knit one row, then turn the needles around so the work is on your left and start the next row.

earthchick, I only use circular needles. With circulars you don’t have to worry about dropping your needle–they’re still attached. :cheering:

Last night I was using dpn to make an I-cord and my daughter was laughing :roflhard: at me cause I kept dropping one.

If you have a LYS near you, ask if you can try one out. Let me know what you think.

[/quote]

Oops…hit wrong button last time. Anyway…are the 12" easy to use. The pic looks like the tip is rather long compared to the cord. I would like to try these for my Hogwarts scarf. I am on DPNs right now and it’s going ok but I think I could go faster on circs.

Thanks for the help everyone! I think I’m going to try some Addi circs and see what I think! :thumbsup:

I just bought some addi circular needles 12" and 16"
I paid less buying overseas for 2 circs and shipping than I would have paid here in the US. Just under $19.00 US dollars

:happydance: :cheering:

I can’t wait. :smiley:

Did you buy from Jeff Wonderland?

No, I got them from www.yarn-shop.co.uk

The have this pattern for a beautiful lacy cardigan. Yummy!