OMG! The "Amy Project"!

[size=6][color=red]Oh my God!!! I can’t believe what I got in the mail today!!! [/color][/size] An afghan JUST FOR ME put together by about 60 forum members!!! Secretly coordinated, I had no idea this was going on, I can’t believe it, this is AMAZING!!!

You all, I am SOOOOOO touched. I really can’t say in words how touched I am. All of the work that went into this. Into each indivudual square, thank you to those who somehow knew about this project, and contributed squares! And Oh my goodness, you’ve even got a website for coordinating all this!!! LOL: www.theamyproject.com !!! I can’t believe how thoughtful you all have been to do this all, just for MEEEEE!!! I am SO touched!!!

I will cherish this afghan and the coordinating pillows FOREVER!!! I am reading through all of your thoughtful notes. It’s so nice to see who did each square, and to read such kind, loving, thoughtful words.

I LOVE YOU, thank you so much, I feel like the most loved and special person in the world right now! I am welling up with tears of joy, I can’t believe how much love went into this project! All the details and coordination. Knitting each gorgeous, special square!! Having a party for seaming the squares. Putting together a PDF showing me who did what square, and with all these great pictures!! The graphic work, the project WEBSITE, with gosh, it looks like over 4,000 posts between you! I can’t get over it!! I am so amazed!!! I’m going to share this on the front page of knittinghelp, as soon as I can, this is just so wonderful and special…

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:[color=red] THANK YOU!!! [/color]BIG KISS AND HUG TO EACH OF YOU!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sheldon was perfect, when the package arrived, he ran out to meet the delivery person, and said that a surprise package had arrived for me, and he had his camera all ready to capture pics of me opening it!!!..

BIG HUG BACK TO EACH OF YOU!!! MUAH

[size=6] Thank you[/size] my dear friends, this is the most thoughtful and special thing ever done for me, I am touched to the core. I will cherish this always.

Oh yes, and I know you had no idea I’d be buying a house this month when you made it, but I can’t imagine a more perfect and special house warming present than this!! I’m going to decorate my knitting room around this gorgeous afghan!!! and I LOVE the colors!! …the whole thing is just stunningly gorgeous, WOW! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Well we are all glad that you got it… I totally botched mine and didn’t get it in on time… one of these days you;ll get this … rouge square in your mail :smiley:

YEAH!!! We have been waiting sooooooooooooo impatiently for the mail carrier to get that to you! Thank YOU so much for all you do! The pictures are great! Thank you Sheldon for keeping the secret and for being camera ready! :wink:

Enjoy it in good health!

(okay yeah i was crying reading that!..sheesh! :rollseyes: )

lol i don’t think that those of us who didn’t get to come seam it had any concept really of how gi-nor-muss it turned out to be!

Yeah I was thinking that myself Brenda… that thing is HUGE…

And think of all the extra squares that were pillows… :smiley:

WE :heart: :inlove: :heart: LOVE YA, HONEY :wink: The waiting and the secrecy hasn’t been the easiest thing in the world, but…well…we are SNEAKY…some more than others :roflhard: :rofling:
[color=red][size=7]MUAH[/size][/color]

Thanks for the photos, Amy! And thanks for everything. :heart:

I can’t go teach class looking all weepy like this!

And big hugs to Sheldon–I told him when you two were here in AL that this HUGE box would soon be on its way…then Kelly worked out the specifics…it was so hard not to say anything to you that day, Amy!

Happy Housewarming :smiley:

{{{{{HUGS Brenda!}}}}} Thank you for the lovely multi-colored square, with flowers and petals on it, so pretty!!! :heart:

Norman, how sweet of you to work on one, I appreciate the thought!! :heart:

HUGS Rebecca and Angelia!!! :heart: LOL Angelia, Sheldon told me how you managed to tell him about it in the 20 second walk from our dinner to the cashier! :smiley:

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks for posting the pics so quickly!!! :slight_smile:

WHOOOHOOOOO… :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

We are SOOO glad and thankful for YOU!!!

aww how wonderful… that turned out so pretty!! You all did such a wonderful job!! I love the colors of it too… big hand to you all :cheering: esp. the seamers :shock: lol…

Amy you deserve it without you… most of us would not be knitters :thumbsup:

Yea!!! :happydance: :cheering:

We’ve been working on this since before Christmas and it’s been soooooo hard to keep it a secret!! :shock: :roflhard:

Kudos to Norman for setting up our “secret lair” (website) so that we could organize these many months like the French Resistance!! :notworthy: Thank you, Norman!!

Amy, I’m sooo glad you love it - we have been on pins and needles waiting to hear that you received it. Thank you, Sheldon!! You have proved, once again, that you’re The Man! :thumbsup:

We :heart: you guys!! :slight_smile: :happydance:
-hh

Amy you deserve it without you… most of us would not be knitters

Yeah, that… wipes a tear off her cheek

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yay! :cheering: :cheering: I’m so glad it finally got delivered! Amy, you rock! I can’t stop smiling! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rob was originally supposed to tell him, but he never could get Sheldon alone. I saw my opportunity and took it! I think I might have scared him a little bit! :shock:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

:roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard:

wonder if we should warn anybody of some of the conversations that we had over there before they go wandering in innocently?

:rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

I wasn’t a part of the project (and don’t knit well enough yet to produce that kind of work anyway :wink: ), but I have to comment: what beautiful work!!!

Amy, you are doing a wonderful service by maintaining knittinghelp.com and I for one greatly appreciate the resource. May you enjoy your gorgeous afghan in your new home snug in the warm wishes of your “flock.”

Sheldon, you were great! Loved the pics.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

So glad you like it, Amy!!! It was an honor to be part of such a wonderful project. Please, thank Sheldon for taking the pictures- if we could have put all of us in the box with it so we could watch you open it ourselves, we would have!!! :happydance:

If they’ve been HERE they’ve been prepared. :rofling:

So, Amy, were you surprised? :roflhard: It was a lot of fun participitating in this and I’m so pleased to be part of a bunch of wonderful people who pulled it off.

Special thanks to Kelly, too!

Wrap yourself in hugs every time you use it, Amy! :heart:

[color=purple][size=7]That is soooooo incredibly AWESOME!!![/size]

This place is just over flowing with wonderful people.[/color]

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Yay, you got it! Glad you like it. And man, that thing is huge!