Old Hat/Mitten Pattern - Wrap yarn around finger

Looking for a pattern that was done maybe 20 years ago. You would make a hat, and wrap the yarn around your finger and then knit some how. The front of the pattern would have loops through the pattern. A friend of mine wants the pattern to make an afghan. I did at one time have the pattern but can’t find it now. Does anyone know where I can find it on the web or would you have the pattern. Any help would be appreciated. She wants to make this afghan for a Christmas gift. Thank you…Mary :cheering:

http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/

If you scroll down on this page Amy describes the loop stitch. Is that what you mean?

You want to know how to make loops on the edge of your knitting?! Take my word for it…it’s very easy. Amy has a video here under the ‘Advanced Techniques’ tap above, just scroll down a bit :wink:

I went to knittinghelp.com about four times and couldn’t find it. Can you give me more information as to where it is and what the subject line is to find it faster.

If you click on the link and scroll down to where it says decorative stitches, there is the loop stitch.

It’s in the advanced section if for some reason the link doesn’t work.

Here’s a direct link to the video:

For continental knitters

For English knitters

Thank you Julie

I checked out the video and this pattern is much more simplier then the other two I was trying to do. I can now show Linda how to do it as the stitches I tried didn’t look as nice. Now I have to call her back again to let her know I can show her. Thank you again.

I’m so happy :thumbsup: :cheering: