Old FO-Vintage Bathing Cap

I made this for my sister a while back and finally got some photos. That’s her wearing the hat in the 2nd picture.

It is sort of like an adult version of a baby boys helmet! Interesting! What a striking looking sister you have.

She is really pretty, isn’t she? Of course my opinion is biased. :wink:

The pattern is modeled after a 1940s style bathing cap. She wanted a hat so I sent her to Knitty to pick one, and that’s the one she chose.

This is the pattern:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/PATTvintage.html

Very nice work, and the color is magnifico!

It turned out beautiful! And so is your sister! :slight_smile:

Pretty! your sister’s lipstick matches the hat color.

:yay: it looks great!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Hey, that’s [B]really[/B] nice! Good lookin’ sister, too.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Did she get a new lipstick to go with the hat?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorchid][B]I’ve noticed we have very similar signatures. [/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorchid][B]It’s all part of the process, isn’t it[/B] [B]?[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

You know, I was going to ask her about the lipstick. I think she just really loves pink. :slight_smile:

And yes, for me, ripping is definitely an integral part of the process.

What a really cute hat!! And I agree, your sister is beautiful :slight_smile:

COOL!

Interesting hat. Leave it to Knitty to have a hat patterned after an old fashioned bathing cap. Very modern, with it outcome. Your sister is lovely in it.