Okay, I know I'm new, but

I’m making a practice scarf. I started off with a plain old ribbed design, got bored and moved on to divided boxes, which I really liked. NOW, I’ve moved on to the trinity stitch :doh: What was I thinking!!! Please, can someone tell me, is this actually as hard as I am making it out to be or am I doing something wrong? Is there an easier way? I need to know, BEFORE I seriously poke my eye out.

:passedout:

thanks
;)jeanette

The only thing I see that would be hard is the p3tog. I don’t know if you could substitute a sl2, p1 psso for it or not…anyone???

http://www.knittingfool.com/pages/stCatalog2.cfm?StitchID=641&name=Trinity&numofst=4&stplus=0&rows=4&rplus=0&sym=0

I found this at www.knittingfool.com. Is that what you’re doing? Where are you having trouble?

Yes, that is what I am [I]“attempting”[/I], although, mine doesn’t really look like that, yet anyway. Its the P3 tog part that is throwing me off. Maybe my purl stitches are too tight? I am still learning how to relax.:slight_smile:

Yup, that’s it. I can barely get my needle in three stitches without losing the others.:wall:

OK, here’s the hint for easy purling stitches together.

Slip 2 of the stitches that you need to purl together to the right needle and then purl the 3rd one. Then lift the other two over the one you just purled. You can do them one at a time or together–whatever is easier.

Three ‘purled’ together–same look, easier technique.

Thanks Ingrid & Deb! I’ll give that a shot…I really am quite partial to my eyes & I was afraid that I was going to shish kebob one or both…lol

;)jeanette