Oh so confused!

I’m knitting a pattern that is for a toddler hood. It says for row 1 k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, knit to last 5 stitches, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, turn. This is done on RS. Row 2 is k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, purl to last 5 stitches, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1, turn. Here’s my question. Since I’m doing this on circular needles I’m assuming what is meant by turn is to turn the work inside out to the WS every other row? Does that sound right? I emailed the pattern designer and her response confused me more. She said “Well you are going to be knitting the hood flat so you will knit across with right side facing, then purl back with wrong side facing :)” Huh? I interpret this to mean I’m knitting every Stitch on the RS and then turning it inside out to WS and purling. If so what is the pattern described above for? Help!!

Welcome to KH!
Can you give us the name of the pattern or a link to it?
When you say that you are knitting on circular needles do you mean that you have connected the last stitch to the first stitch and are knitting a tube? Turning inside out sounds like you are knitting a tube rather than a flat piece.
The directions and the explanation from the designer are to knit flat, that is back and forth, tuning to the WS at the end of the RS row. You can do this on circular needles or on straight needles.