Oh help me wise Pattern Whisperers

Making a cabled sweater and wanted to make sure I understand when I’m supposed to make the second decrease. I made my 1st decrease (which is my 7th row). Where I get confused is with the “Repeat the Waist Decrease Row every 12th row 1 more time.”

A. Do I knit 4 more rows and do the decrease on the 12th row?

Or

B. Do I now knit 11 more rows and make a decrease on the 12th row, not counting my first 7 rows?

After my second decrease, I would knit 9 rows and make my decrease on the 10th row, right? With this logic I would think that option B is the way to go.

Thanks for your help.

——————From Pattern——————

Work 5 more rows even, ending with a WS row.

Shape Waist
Waist Decrease Row (RS): {SSS}, purl 2, p2tog, work as established to last 5 stitches, SSP, purl 2, {SSS}. (2 stitches decreased)

Repeat the Waist Decrease Row every 12th row 1 more
time, then every 10th row 3 times.

Upon completion of this section, you will have worked the Waist
Decrease Row a total of 5 times

Welcome to KH!
Yes, option B. If you work 5 more rows as instructed, ending with a WS row then the first dec is row 6. The second dec row is row 18 and then dec rows 28,38, and 48.

I really appreciate your help. I had a problem with understanding the decrease lingo on a sweater last year and don’t want to make the same mistake again! Back to my knitting! :knitting: Thanks so much :slight_smile: