Oh dear, this is gobble de gook, anyone any ideas?

I found this pattern on the internet and quite like it and thought it would suit my daughter its quirky
but can’t figure out the pattern…

These are the instructions… anyone make head nor tail of it… thanks in anticipation

Knitting pattern on the sweater
Size: S (M) L (XL) XXL. Over length (piece): 91 (97) 103 (109) 115 cm. Full length: 59 (60) 61 (62) 63 cm.Materials: “Lima” (100% wool / 50 g = 100 m): 4 (4) 5 (5) 6 NGL anthracite 404 + 2 (2) 3 (3) 3 balls of medium-402 + 5 (5) 6 (6) 7 NGL light gray 434. No Strikkep . 4 + 4½. Yarn from Hjertegarn , tel. 66 11 41 95th Gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows in stocking = 10 x 10 cm. 1 drying: Take up the link before next st and knit the dr r. Note : Back and front Knit from top to bottom. The sleeves knitted from the rib and up.Diagram: Can be downloaded as a jpg here and aspdf here See abbreviations and user tips

Not easy to figure out but here’s what iI understand. The actual knitting may be quite straightforward but you may not want to take the chance.
Is this a paid pattern? Can you tell us the source?

Size: S (M) L (XL) XXL.
Width or measurement across chest 91 (97) 103 (109) 115 cm.
Full length: 59 (60) 61 (62) 63 cm.
Materials: “Lima” (100% wool / 50 g = 100 m):
4 (4) 5 (5) 6 NGL anthracite 404
2 (2) 3 (3) 3 balls of medium-402
5 (5) 6 (6) 7 NGL light gray 434.
No Strikkep . 4 + 4½. .?? I’m guessing needle size?
Yarn from Hjertegarn , tel. 66 11 41 95th
Gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows in stocking = 10 x 10 cm.
1 drying: Take up the link before next st and knit the dr r. .??
Note : Back and front Knit from top to bottom. The sleeves knitted from the rib and up.Diagram: Can be downloaded as a jpg here and aspdf here See abbreviations and user tips

Ravelry may have something in the same vein.

I’m just looking on the internet now!!!

Sorry I will look on Ralvery

That looks like construction information, rather than an actual pattern?

It’s translated. From German I think.
Strik en sweater med grafisk mønster
Google translation:

Knit a sweater with graphic pattern

Free Knitting Patterns: The body of the beautiful, warm sweater is knitted from the top down - so you can determine the length gradually

Danish I think, but the instructions are lower down, what you have are the written schematics :slight_smile:

Back: Cast on 75 (77) 79 (81) 83 sts on needle size 4 with charcoal gray. Knit 8 cm rib: 1 edge r,? P1, K1 ?, gtg? -? and finish with P1, 1 edge r. Connect with P1-side p. Change to needle size 4 ½ and continue in stocking, taking the first row stocking 10 sts evenly to 65 (67) 69 (71) 73 sts. Continue in stockinette until piece measures 15 cm. On the next r-side row drying each side for armholes: K 1 edge st, K1, 1 drying, knitwear for missing 2 m, 1 drying, 1 r, 1 edge r. GTG drying on every 2nd p , a total of 4 (5) 6 (7) eight times on each side. Now piece measures approx 18 (19) 20 (21) 22 cm. In slutn the next 2 rows beaten 5 (6) 7 (8) 9 sts for armhole each side = 83 (89) 95 (101) 107 sts. Note: Length measurements are measured from here over the rest of the piece. Knit 3 more rows with charcoal gray.

Beg now lead on the back: On the next r-sidep K the first 2 sts and the last 2 sts with light gray, while the other sts charcoal gray. On every row knit 1 m more in each side with light gray, until only one charcoal gray m acces. Note that the wires must be twisted for color changes. Then complete the work knitting with light gray. Continue straight up until piece measures 34 cm from armhole, knit the last row from wrong side. Change to needle size 4 mm and 1 per year from the side where inc 8 sts evenly to 91 (97) 103 (109) 115 sts. Work 6 cm rib:? 1 edge, K1, P1 ?, gtg ? - ?, and finish with K1, 1 edge r. Cast off all sts from the piece r-side.

Front: Knit like the back, but knit the lower rib as follows: 1 edge r,? P1, K1 ?, gtg? -? and finish with P1, 1 edge r.

I AM TRYing to trawl the internet to look for the pattern. I was thinking though. I have got this far… my front of the pattern, with my scotties at the front (black) i have done my sleeves What do you think plain black mohair would look like? Instead of me pulling it all back and starting another pattern? anyone got any opinions… anne

Sure, if you like the look of the black mohair, go ahead and give it a try. If the scottie motif is in black it should complement. You’re really the best judge of this since you have the sweater in front of you.

You are right really, I am not very confident but I pulled it back so many times now if it doesn’t look right it doesn’t really matter.

Anne

Get Outlook for Androidhttps://aka.ms/ghei36