Oh brother

I have half of my poncho done. It looks like it is too small. I am stuck with this delima now. Either frog it all or finish it and hope blocking it will make it bigger. However the directions do not say anything about blocking it. I assume that you just knit it and what ever size it has turned out that is what it is supposed to be. If I do frog it I was going to go up from a size 10 needle to 10.5. Not sure if that half size up wiould make enough difference to notice in the size once I redo it.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks,
Jenny

Depends how much too small it is. Going up to the next size needle can make quite a difference. Try a swatch with the larger size and see how much the gauge changes.

sue

Well I don’t know if this would make a difference but the pattern called for 10 balls of yarn. I am half done and have used less than 3.

Jenny

What type of yarn are you using? Some yarns will allow you to block the piece to be larger.

Check your gauge on what you’ve knit so far. Even a stitch off can make a big difference in the finished product.

80% Mohair 20% Polyamide.

OK, I’ve frogged the whole thing and now I want to maker sure I get this right. The gauge says 12 sts. 16 rows to 4" over lace pattern. Is that 3 sts. per inch?

I posted about this awhile back and found it hard to tell the gauge for a lace pattern but I’m going to give it a try again.

Jenny

Yes, 3 sts/inch. On a lace pattern, it’s easier to figure out how many sts in a pattern repeat, then measure that.

sue