# of cast ons for circs

I want to make a felted bag and I’ll be using 10.5 circulars. I’m using Patons Classic Wool and I want it to be an over the shoulder bag (you know like i drape it over the right shoulder but it hangs on the left). I already started the bag but I know I have to many stitches on the needles (the are very twisty) so I want to start over, but I was wondering if you guys could suggest a good number of cast ons to make a bag using 10.5 circulars? Thanks!! :hug:(I’m just getting back into knitting after like a 2 yr hiatus :knitting: )

How large do you want the bag? Measure how many sts/inch your knitting is, then CO that number times the inches you want.

I’ve made 2 and a half booga bags, and I think they’re the perfect size. You can find the pattern on http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com under the bags section. I’ve modified the pattern based on the gauge I get. For two bags I’ve cast on 46 stitches and done 46 rows for the bottom and 86 rows for the sides. The one I’m making now I cast on 52 st and done 52 bottom rows. I’ll do 96 side rows. If you want one long handle, you would still do a 6’ icord, but attach it to the bag a little differently. One of these days I’ll get around to posting pics of my bags…