Oddball Preemie Blankets - Our Blankets were DELIVERED!

Believe it or not, I finished Cherry Blossoms TONIGHT! :cheering:

I was knitting while watching Season One of “That 70’s Show”. The time just flew.

I am SO EXCITED to finally finish the last of our little blankets!
:woohoo:

They all look just FANTASTIC!!
Yay for all of us!!
LOL
Karen G
in GA
(so glad I had the chance to be part of this effort!)

I agree, Karen!

EVERYONE should be congratulated!
[CENTER][B][COLOR=blue]Great work, everyone![/COLOR][/B]
:heart: :muah: :heart:
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering: [/CENTER]

Terrific job, everyone! The blankets are stunning!!!

:passedout:

Those are beautiful!!! We did a great job!!

Great news! “Summer Blossoms” has been found! :slight_smile:

The last knitter will be mailing our final blanket to me as soon as she completes her section. I’ll add the border to that, and we’ll REALLY be finished! :woohoo:

I think I’m going to take a photo of ALL our blankets together, for a grand finale. Then, I’ll be making photos when I take them to be delivered to charity. (Some will go to a children’s hospital, and some will go to the Crisis Pregnancy Center.)

I’ve been SO busy knitting for charity, that I haven’t been able to get our lovely blankets to charity yet. (Bad Sandy!)

So, the other night, I got all of them together, and washed them with dye-free, unscented laundry detergent. I also used a bit of fabric softener made for babies.

Now, our blankets are nice and clean and pretty. cloud9

I’m making a notebook now, that will have photos of each blanket, along with the names of the knitters that made each one. I will put the sheets and our cards in clear sheet protectors in the notebook. This will be a permanent record of our donation.

That way, if the cards cannot be given with the blanket, at least they can be viewed in the notebook. :thumbsup:

You’re the Best, Sandy! Thanks for your inspiration! :cheering:

This morning, our little blankets were delivered to the Carolinas Medical Center, Union in Monroe, North Carolina.

They were very pleased with our lovely blankets! :slight_smile:

You can read the full story here:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1213660#post1213660

These photos made my day! Thank you for sharing the happiness.

Fantastic! I love the picture. Thanks so much, Sandy!

Hi, I’m new here but sign me up.
Bethanne

Hi Bethanne! :waving:

Our Oddball Baby Blankets are now being handled by leaders who have created groups on Ravelry. You can join there with these links:

East Coast Oddball Baby Blankets

West Coast Oddball Baby Blankets

Canadian Oddball Baby Blankets