Oddball Preemie Blankets - Our Blankets were DELIVERED!

Hi!

Forest Greens was sent to KnittinMitchie today! Tracking is 0307 3330 0000 2508 7665.

Lavender’s Blue is on its way to gmmarton for a border.

Will PM you with delivery conf.

I got Forrest Greens today. Thanks for the yarn.

I will have Salt Water Taffy ready to be mailed on Monday. I looked at the blog and I think the next knitter should be stagebear. I need to make sure of who it needs to be mailed to. So please PM the mailing info.

Spikey, I received “Lavender’s Blue” and everything with it this afternoon. Thanks very much…I look forward to being busy with another Oddball Blankie this weekend.

Stagebear is the next knitter! :slight_smile:

I’ll send you both a private message.

Forest Greens is done Who do I need to send it too. Please PM me with the address TY.

So pretty, Christine! :heart:

You can send it to me! I’ll give it to charity. Either to the hospital, or to the crisis pregnancy center.

Yay! I actually had time tonight to update our blog!
:cheering:

I received Sweet Dreams this weekend, so I need to take it to the yarn store to pick out yarn for the border.

Looking forward to receiving Salt Water Taffy.

Sandy, could you inform the last knitter of Cotton Candy (I believe it’s a raveler) that they do not need to bind off? I am knitting the border, so that way I won’t have to re-pick up the stitches.

If any Midwesterners would like to continue working on preemie balnkets, please head over to the Midwest Preemie Blanket discussion or send me a private message.

How do you knit the border? Do you do it in the round? how do you keep the corners from pulling it in? I know to do increases, just not how many or where to place them. Thanks!

I’m going to do it in the round - increasing at the corners.

Here’s an example from Caron:
[B]BORDER[/B]
With RS facing, pick up and knit sts evenly around entire outside edge, approximately 1 st per st on CO and BO edges,
and 3 sts for every 4 rows along sides; place a marker (pm) in each corner st and move it up each round; pm for beginning of round.
[B]Rnd 1:[/B] * Knit to 1 st before corner st; k1-f/b, knit corner st, k1-f/b (2 sts increased); repeat from * around.
[B]Rnd 2:[/B] * Purl to 1 st before corner st; p1-f/b, purl corner st, p1-f/b (2 sts increased); repeat from * around.
[B]Rnds 3 and 4[/B]: Repeat Rnds 1 and 2.
Bind off all sts loosely in knit.

I crochet the borders onto the blankets I get. I guess I prefer the look of a “lacy” crochet border but I put 3 stitches in each corner.

Stagebear… My DH is going to take Salt Water Taffy to the PO today. I will post the confirmation number when I get it.

Here is the confirmation number for Salt Water Taffy.

0308 0070 0002 1949 9792

Here is a picture before…

Here is a picture after…

Here is a close-up of my part…

Stagebear… please let me know when it arrives.

Sunny Meadow is returning to Sandy today, conf #03052710000038283433

Looks great!!! So cheerful!!

Sandy I finally got Forest Green mailed. Kept forgetting to take it with me.

“Salt Water Taffy” arrived safely yesterday! Thank you for the tea and stichmarkers.
I took “Salt Water Taffy” and “Sweet Dreams” to the yarn store and found the perfect yarns for them!

I have some DK weight yarn I’d like to give away to any Oddball Preemie knitter. If you are interested, please send me a pm. Thanks! :heart: