Oddball Pet Snuggles -- Part 2

I just messaged Susan for her address. I finally have Sunrise Snuggie ready to mail :slight_smile: Sorry it has taken me so long. It’s been a little crazy.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!!

ps… I think I stopped getting email messages when there is a post to the thread as well. i’ll have to check my settings…

Great news! It’s a busy time and hard to find time for knitting that isn’t taken up by holiday projects. Looking forward to seeing Sunrise.

Thanks for the update!

I’ve been finding my notifications mixed in my spam file, with about a half dozen other legitimate messages.

I’ve been sick, all. Sorry. Blues Skies is finally on its way to Liz. :woot:

Thanks for the update! I hope you are feeling better! :hug:

Blue Skies just arrived! It looks amazing! And thank you, Janis, for the journal! I’m glad you’re feeling better.

I will get going on it soon and post a picture of the finished snuggle.

How is everyone doing?

[U]Current Snuggle Lists:[/U]

[B]Blue Skies:[/B]

1. KristinMei
  2. Katie/sakura-panda
  3. Kari/kdodge8
  4. Janis/Woofens
  5. Lizars1735 <-- Currently knitting

Sunrise Snuggie (pinks, purples, yellows and blues)

1. maryknitwit
  2. salmonmac
  3. Kari/kdodge8 <-- Currently knitting
  4. Susan/susauehl
  5. Lizars1735

Patriotic Pets:

1. salmonmac
  2. salmonmac
  3. maryknitwit
  4. KrisitinMei <-- Currently knitting
  5. susauehl

Pumpkin Patch

1. Susan/susauehl
  2. Janis/Woofens
  3. Kristin/KristinMei <-- Currently knitting
  4. Katie/sakura-panda
  5. Kari/kdodge8

I’m at a nearby McDonald’s because I don’t have power at home due to an ice storm over the weekend. Consumer’s says they expect to have power back on for our county as late as SATURDAY and I have to check in my projects for work before Friday so they can get copied to the new server. So here I am, doing busywork that I had hoped to do at home!

I tried knitting yesterday morning, but I couldn’t watch TV and didn’t want to run down the battery on my phone listening to music – it turns out I can’t knit without at least one other thing going on. :teehee: I read my book for a while instead. I was supposed to wrap presents yesterday so that I wouldn’t be up late on Christmas Eve (like I always have been since my son was born ten years ago!) but I see now that was a poor idea. Never again will I suggest giving up that late night tradition! :roflhard:

What’s going on with you all?

Patriotic Pets is actually with Kristin

Katie, thanks so much for the updated list. Great to see these snuggles progressing along.
I’ll be up with you late tonight wrapping presents. I’ve even left some for Christmas morning. How’s that for putting things off? Every year I promise that the next year I’ll wrap presents as I buy them but…
Merry Christmas and Happy Wrapping!

We had our power back on around 2 pm on Monday, so we were more or less back to normal for the holiday. We visited family on Christmas Eve and then stayed up until 2 am wrapping presents for the kids. It must have been worth it as they all had “the best Christmas ever.” :happydance: I did find that Santa forgot a couple of gifts, but we have another family Christmas on Saturday and I think I’ll sneak them in there.

I plan to teach my oldest how to knit this week. He has been asking to learn to crochet, but when he tries to identify crochet work, he has a knitted fabric (we were at the LYS last week and it was mostly knit, but he was showing me stitches he liked) so I think I’ll try him on knitting. Also, my crochet is very basic (and I think not quite right) so I have more confidence in what I’m teaching him there. :blush:

(Learning crochet better is on my list of things to learn – someday.)

I’m using this thread like a blog – no worries if you didn’t feel like reading it all! I’m chatty today. :lol:

Still haven’t taught DS to knit, haven’t learned to crochet, haven’t finished (or worked on) any projects and have decided to frog one. :teehee:

What’s new with you all? :waving: Any progress on our open blankets?

[U]Current Snuggle Lists: [/U]

[B]Blue Skies[/B]:

1. KristinMei
  2. Katie/sakura-panda
  3. Kari/kdodge8
  4. Janis/Woofens
  5. Lizars1735 <-- Currently knitting

[B]Sunrise Snuggie[/B] (pinks, purples, yellows and blues)

1. maryknitwit
  2. salmonmac
  3. Kari/kdodge8 <-- Currently knitting
  4. Susan/susauehl
  5. Lizars1735

[B]Patriotic Pets[/B]:

1. salmonmac
  2. salmonmac
  3. maryknitwit
  4. KrisitinMei <-- Currently knitting
  5. susauehl

[B]Pumpkin Patch[/B]

1. Susan/susauehl
  2. Janis/Woofens
  3. Kristin/KristinMei <-- Currently knitting
  4. Katie/sakura-panda
  5. Kari/kdodge8

What a grate idea!:muah:
I’ve sent you a PM.

Hi, Tabitha! :waving: I’ve sent you a reply PM.

Hi Everyone,
Blue Skies is finally finished. I will post a pic as soon as I figure out how.

I’m going to wait for Sunrise Snuggie and donate them together.

I think I managed to resize it, so I can upload. Apparently I knit a bit too tight on this one. I’ll try to loosen it up for the next snuggle.

So, now I’m ready to start the next snuggle. I was thinking about a totally oddball snuggle where no colors can be used twice. What do you guys think?

Sounds like a good idea. Best way to use up your scraps. Maybe we could call it “Oddball” or “Scrappy-Dappy-Doo” :slight_smile:

I like that idea, too. Sign me up please.
Blue skies looks grand! Well done all of you.

I’d love to be a part of the “scrappy” snuggle… Blue skies looks great!!

Sounds good! Haven’t received any blankets to work on yet. Hopefully soon!

Susan