Oddball CARE Shawls (Triangle)

This is wonderful idea Sandy :slight_smile:

I would like to be a part of this as well. :hug:

Do we need a specific type of yarn (all wool or mix…)
Thanks!

Hi Sandra! :hug:
Just send me a PM with your mailing address, and I’ll add you to the list of knitters.

I’m thinking that the yarn should be something NICE and SOFT, that we will all appreciate. It doesn’t matter what fiber we use, because we are all knitters, and would know how to take care of it. The only thing we would need to avoid is yarn that requires dry cleaning.

(We will put in a note with the shawl, including cleaning instructions.)
“Wash by Hand in Cold Water. Air Dry on a Flat Surface. Block if necessary”

I have a really nice leftover sport yarn that I want to use on this in my collecton. :heart:

Sandy, add me in. You have my address for the 2nd and 3rd blankets. What great ideas you have!!!

Sandy, we should elect you the Official KnittingHelp.com Good Samaritan! You are incredible :slight_smile:

I’d like to play as well. Do you still have my address, or do you need it again?

I would love to join! I love this idea…and I can tell you that this pattern makes a wonderful shawl! Modified, it makes a wonderful baby blanket or small throw too! :slight_smile:

~Tik

Aw! You guys are so SWEET to me!! :muah:
I feel like I’ve been kissed by angels! :angelgrin:

Thank you all SO much for joining. I can’t wait to see the smiling faces of the recipients of our shawls! :slight_smile:

(By the way, if you’ve already joined another Oddball KAL, I already have your address.) :thumbsup:

add me please shandeh

ETA-btw- does dk=two strands of fingering? i just want to make sure i use the right weight of yarn

and the shawl you posted is so beautiful shandeh! :heart:

Thanks for joining, jeanius80! :hug:

I would think that two strands of fine fingering would work fine. One strand of DK or sportweight would work well too. We just want it to be light, soft, and beautiful.

I’ve been dreaming about this shawl!!! :inlove: :heart:

:waving: Me too! :waving:

I agree—you are KH’s Good Samaritan. You get us working on acts of kindness! :hug:

You have my address from blanket #3.

Thanks for joining, MaryB! :hug:

Last night, I started one of our shawls. I believe that we should make about 3 or 4 to start, and choose a “color scheme” for each of them.

Maybe Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter? :thinking:
(pastels, brights, earthtones, jeweltones)

Or Earthtones, Blues, Reds, Greens, Purples? :shrug:

Anyway, last night, I started an earthtones shawl, with a rust colored Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK. Which one of you would like to knit next on the earthtones shawl?

By the way, here is our list of Oddball Shawl Knitters:

Dangles
Shandeh
lissalue
beckyrhae
PaperGirl
rennfamily
RiverDaughter
GennyLynn1962
mintdee
jeanius80
MaryB

Also, one more thing. I will not be sending knitting needles with this project, because I want it to be ready to give to a member of the forum when it is finished, without having to come back to me.

So, just use any size 8 needles you have in your stash. Straights, circulars, whatever will work. I have slipped all my stitches onto a strand of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk yarn. (a little piece of heaven!) :heart:

Send it on----I’m ready to add to your beautiful Debbie Bliss!

Thanks, MaryB! :muah:

I’ll get it out to you as soon as I have enough energy to drive to the post office. :wink:

(I’m sick this week. :pout: )

Sandy, there is no rush. I read your blog and was aware of your dental and anti-biotic issues. Don’t worry, Honey. The shawl will get done when it gets done. Be good to yourself for awhile-----you spend so much time doing things for others. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sandy, somehow I’m not on the list. Can you add me now. I posted a few days ago.

I’m not on the list yet either, Sandy. I signed up right after losnana. Thanks!

I can work on any shawl at any time, whatever is convenient for eveybody else, just let me know a few days ahead so I can start looking at yarn (such a chore). :teehee:

Any suggestions from any of you on brands of yarn would be appreciated, I don’t have a LYS so I would be getting it at WalMart or Michaels.

Strange. :??
Oh well…maybe it’s all this medication I’ve been taking. :teehee:
I’ll add you right now.

Michaels has some decent yarns that would work. Just look for some really good soft yarns in a DK or sportweight thickness. These shawls should be something any of us would enjoy having.

Here’s the updated shawl knitters list:
Shandeh
Dangles
lissalue
beckyrhae
PaperGirl
rennfamily
RiverDaughter
GennyLynn1962
mintdee
jeanius80
MaryB
losnana
bobi1218
ElenTikvah

k

:hug:

Genny, I looked online at the yarns Michaels offers, and found this good option for the Oddball Shawl: Patons Lacette
Here is a page that shows all the different colors of that yarn.